• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy: TPA3251_TPA3255 Amplifier board and ADAU1701 DSP Pre-Amp board

Hello everyone, I have been playing around with Sigmastudio trying to configure the file crossover to get better quality for my speakers and I question if have bricked my ADAU1701.

I downloaded the DSP source file from 3e-audio website, opened it in Sigmastudio, correctly installed USBi Drivers, and made small changes and link download. I think where I messed up is when I wrote to the E2prom because now I cannot get anything out of it. I noticed that the LED in between the volume and treble pots will light up briefly when I reboot and turn off within 2-3 seconds after it powers up. I have another board that I have not touched and this LED stays powered the whole time.

I cannot find anything in the manual about this LED - Anyone have this happen before?

After hours of playing around with it, I noticed when I write the 3e DSP file to E2prom and "check last compilation vs E2prom" that I get a communication error. I have a hunch that have an issue with using Windows 10 and USB 3.0 ports (is that still a thing with newer Sigmastudio?) I even played around with the "disable USB 3.0/win10 fix" in SS with no avail.

Any help or input would be appreciated.

Did you find the solution? I got my ADAU1701 from 3e this week and I encountered exactly the same problem after writing to E2prom. The LED lit up briefly after powering up, and a communication error from "check last compilation vs E2prom".

My laptop does have USB 3.0 ports. I guess I'll have to dust up my old desktop (w/ 2.0 ports) and try again. Just want know if you've solved this issue. I also emailed 3e and have not gotten their reply yet. Thanks!

What is the power consumption of this DSP board, please? I folishly assumed it ws a 5v board but it shows it is 7-12v. How many amps is needed to get this running?

I have ordered two from ebay.

Edit:

200ma, I see. But no way to power the board via 5v other than the Micro USB. Hmm.

http://www.3e-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/DS_EDSP-1701-24-A_Rev1.0.pdf (page 6):
"4.3 Power Supply Input connector Specification (J19)"

You can run the dsp from mini usb (without jumper J17) or from 7-12V (header is on 3e amps) if you connect J17.

Please make sure to first read the documentation on their products on their website: 3e Audio | Enhanced design,Exceed the edge,Enjoy sound with passion!!!
Valid questions can be asked at "3e Audio" on Skype.

Woah, I haven't played around with my Amp until this morning. I am back to square one to see what I can come up with again with a fresh start.

Have you had any luck? 3e Audio never responded to either of my emails. I think we're on our own.

3e sent me an updated sigma studio file and that solved my issue mostly. I had to do some tweaks (e.g. remove auto mute) but I made it work eventually.

That was a while ago. I can send you the file if you want to try it out.

For those of you who bought the DSP Bluetooth daughterboard:

I'm interested in buying the now discontinued Bluetooth daughterboard. So please send me a PM if you're interested in selling. If worst comes to worst I'd be interested in buying both the DSP and daughterboard so I'd willing to consider those offers too.

Thanks...

For those of you who bought the DSP Bluetooth daughterboard:

I'm interested in buying the now discontinued Bluetooth daughterboard. So please send me a PM if you're interested in selling. If worst comes to worst I'd be interested in buying both the DSP and daughterboard so I'd willing to consider those offers too.

Thanks...

you can find it or similar on eBay or aliexpress just search for "Bluetooth I2S board"

what are you using to program the DSP...i emailed 3e and they said that all the USBi boards were sold. It seems i can still get the DSP board from their ebay store but also wanted to see what would it take to program it. thanks

Hi, I think I found a way using a CH341A. I was desesperate to find a way so I learn about cy7C68013A and FreeUSBi but I didn`t had a cy7C68013A board and wasn`t patient to wait it come. So I tried to use my CH431A to program E2Prom in-circuit and got it!!

Actually I was afraid that I must use the instruction from AD to put my ADAU1701 in seflboot and was figuring out some way to do that and for first try I really did it, but after that I notice it wasn`t necessary, so let me explain what I did now:

Hardware:
EDSP-1701-24 (ADAU1701 board from E3Audio)
interface/burner board based on CH431A (less than 2 USD i think)
some wires and an USB cable

Process:

1- CH341A board with I2C comunication mode on from jumper and 3.3V set in the board:
2- proper install CH341A driver after plug it on my computer (Windows 10 64bits);
3- follow also the step 3 in FREEUSBi installation guide from E3Audio (don`t know if it is really necessary but I did http://www.3e-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/FreeUSBi-Driver-Install-Guide_Rev1.1.pdf )
4- pull out jumper J3 and J2 from EDSP board
5- connect SDA, SLA and GND from CH341 board to USBi port (don`t need to connect VCC);
6- I also equalized GND from port J19 to my Breadboard (again, don`t know if that is necessary but I did)
7- Turn EDSP Board on;
8- on SigmaStudio, do all process to generate .hex file ("link compile download", "export system files" and "write lastest compilation to EProm"
9- find your project folder and find a folder that contains E2Prom.hex file (it`s "your_project_name"_IC_1 ou ***_IC_2 (depends on how you named ADAU and E2Prom in Sigmastudio;
10- Use software "Sigma Studio Hex File Converter" to convert E2Prom.hex file on a Intel file necessary to burn E2Prom;
11- Install a EProm burner, I used this (New_Oficial_ch341a_v134)
12- when software opens, be sure you selected proper Eprom you have (my case was 24C64 from ST) and if you are luck, you will be able to read and write from Eprom;
13- open file you converted into Intel hex file before here and proced with burning method (just press record...);

I did it with my EDSP on, even playing music but I strongly recommend due it with minimal interaction with EDSP ok, unplug any sound devices, amps, sources you can, let just CH341A and EDSP as much as possible.
This is how I got to program E2Prom in-circuit. Now I will test minimazing all those step, just plug minimum necessary cable, burn and play.
It`s a simple way to program your ADAU ok in this EDSP board, I can`t tell you if it will work on another one but once you can enter at I2C bus it may work fine. I still looking for FreeUSBi board because it let things more easiely and plug-and-play but now you can try something fast and cheap.

hope I have helped. If want more details I forgot please, let me know and I can help you!

Attachments

• IMG_5636.jpg
    IMG_5636.jpg
    979.9 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_5639.jpg
    IMG_5639.jpg
    987.6 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_5641.jpg
    IMG_5641.jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_5643.jpg
    IMG_5643.jpg
    820.8 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_5645.jpg
    IMG_5645.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_5647.jpg
    IMG_5647.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5648.jpg
    IMG_5648.jpg
    742.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5649.jpg
    IMG_5649.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 120
Did you find the solution? I got my ADAU1701 from 3e this week and I encountered exactly the same problem after writing to E2prom. The LED lit up briefly after powering up, and a communication error from "check last compilation vs E2prom".

My laptop does have USB 3.0 ports. I guess I'll have to dust up my old desktop (w/ 2.0 ports) and try again. Just want know if you've solved this issue. I also emailed 3e and have not gotten their reply yet. Thanks!

That LED from E3Audio board looks specific connected to some GPIO pin and controlled by SigmaDSP software. It is auto-mute block from E3Audio compilation. It`s ON when board detect some audio and OFF when nothing is comming from any input source. I didn`t removed it from my project because it works fine.

Has anyone got the DSP working on the 3e amp? I have had similar problems with the pre-built amp. Using SigmaStudio, the driver is recognised, all is green, no errors. But when I click 'Link Compile Download' I get an error report saying that the hardware isn't connected. I'm using the USBi cable from 3e Audio. Have corresponded with them but it's pretty hopeless.
Any help please

Did you follow their instruction about how to install the drivers? it has a pretty much specific steps to follow properly otherwise you get some problems.

I build my own USBi interface available on github and others

GitHub - freeDSP/freeUSBi: The freeUSBi is a real-time programming interface for the freeDSP family.

freeUSBi - complete kit | Audio and signal processing | even elements Shop

freeDSP | An Open-Source Low-Budget Audio DSP

At least, I didn't use all connections, SCL, SDA, GND and BOARD RESET is enought once DSP is powered.

let me understand what are you doing..