• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy: TPA3251_TPA3255 Amplifier board and ADAU1701 DSP Pre-Amp board

Joined 2017
Paid Member
For example, why are there 4 outputs? How are these 4 outputs configured? ...Does one have to know how to use the Sigma Studio/SigmaDSP software to use this preamp? Is the Bluetooth plug and play?

Not sure whether this is the right place to ask the questions. It would be much appreciated if 3e can supply more info.

I don't know if it will answer all of your questions, but have you tried ADAU1701-2In4Out | 3e Audio ?

Also, I have emailed 3eAudio in the past and received responses fairly quickly, although this may be changing.

Thank you for the response! I have read all the documents that you mentioned before my last post. Those documents are essentially transcribed from Analog Devices's documentation.

It was mentioned in one of AD's document that in their eval board, there are 4 outputs, two are line level and two are amplified since there are 2 class D amps on the eval board. But I don't believe it is the case for the 3eaudio boards.

Since both treble and bass controls are on the board, I believe 3eaudio has configured the DSP chip, thus my question on the "tone profile" set up.

I don't plan to do much DSP processing. Just would like to know how to use the board properly and what should I expect.

Thank you again for your response!

Regards,

Thank you for the response! I have read all the documents that you mentioned before my last post. Those documents are essentially transcribed from Analog Devices's documentation.

It was mentioned in one of AD's document that in their eval board, there are 4 outputs, two are line level and two are amplified since there are 2 class D amps on the eval board. But I don't believe it is the case for the 3eaudio boards.

Since both treble and bass controls are on the board, I believe 3eaudio has configured the DSP chip, thus my question on the "tone profile" set up.

I don't plan to do much DSP processing. Just would like to know how to use the board properly and what should I expect.

Thank you again for your response!

Regards,

hi,please understanding this is a 2in/4out Pre-amplifier board that different with AD's eval board.
to make sure whether it can meet your expectation,please go through fully on the datasheet both of our board and ADAU1701.
regarding the DSP processing(treble and bass or others),you should also need understand the configurable of the 1701 via SigmaStudio.

Feel free to email us if there is any questions,just keep this topic for group buy.

thanks!

hi,please understanding this is a 2in/4out Pre-amplifier board that different with AD's eval board.
to make sure whether it can meet your expectation,please go through fully on the datasheet both of our board and ADAU1701.
regarding the DSP processing(treble and bass or others),you should also need understand the configurable of the 1701 via SigmaStudio.

Feel free to email us if there is any questions,just keep this topic for group buy.

thanks!

Thank you for the response. Agreed that this thread should be kept for the GB only. I will send you the questions.

Regards,

so your not going to sell finished boards on ebay again? is this bulk buy last chance to get your amp boards?

I have been looking at your ebay buttons on your website, wondering when items would be in stock again. for a while now. been wondering about another maybe.

really would like to get your finished amp boards in a enclosure with dc-dc converter for battery powered operation and (opa2604 or better) treble, mid, bass, balance,vol tone control. built in fancy rgb vu meter would be brill too. like ones on aliexpress/ebay. im tired to trying to build these things and the wiring complications. a decent ready made units without tons of markup in the price is very attractive. car amps dont have much info, tech details like what amp IC they are using, thd graphs, etc. car amps are over specialized over priced. with limited input voltage. 24v lifpo4 batt operation would be a handy option.

Whats the biz decision? moving on to other things? why not scale operations and sell more of these amp boards?

Do these amplifier modules need a buffer before wiring to their inputs? E.g. could I wire an XLR balanced input straight into the EAUMT-0480-1-A | TPA3255 input jack?

Also, I am not understanding the maximum of 3 sets rule, nor the discount matrix. Is it 3 max of any on part? Or 3 parts total?

Would it be possible for me to buy?
EAUMT-0480-1-A_3pc
EAPST-0400-48-A_3pc

I.e. enough for 3 monoblocks? And if I am interpreting the discount matrix the cost of that would be: ($75*3 - $30) + ($65*3 - $30) = 195 + 165 = $360

Finally, for those that have tried these amps, has anyone compared them to Hypex NCores or UcDs or B&O ICE modules. Do they compare favorably?

Do these amplifier modules need a buffer before wiring to their inputs? E.g. could I wire an XLR balanced input straight into the EAUMT-0480-1-A | TPA3255 input jack?

Also, I am not understanding the maximum of 3 sets rule, nor the discount matrix. Is it 3 max of any on part? Or 3 parts total?

Would it be possible for me to buy?
EAUMT-0480-1-A_3pc
EAPST-0400-48-A_3pc

I.e. enough for 3 monoblocks? And if I am interpreting the discount matrix the cost of that would be: ($75*3 - $30) + ($65*3 - $30) = 195 + 165 = $360

Finally, for those that have tried these amps, has anyone compared them to Hypex NCores or UcDs or B&O ICE modules. Do they compare favorably?

hello
maximum 3 sets(parts) for group buy is considering both discount and shipment cost.
in other simple word,
1. only 3sets (parts) can buy in this group buy.
2. extra sets (parts) also can buy but no any discount and need pay more for shipment