• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy: TPA3251_TPA3255 Amplifier board and ADAU1701 DSP Pre-Amp board

Attachments

• 20190309_105643.jpg
    20190309_105643.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 354
Hi 3eaudio,

Thanks for organizing this group buy and the quick shipping. I've got the power supply, amplifier, and DSP board all hooked up and working. I've been playing around with the Sigmastudio file from your web site and was able to remove the crossover functionality I don't need.

I have a question though: some of the modules in the Sigmastudio file are password-protected, specifically the "Auto Source Selection" and "Auto Mute" blocks. Is the password available? If not, could you provide some details on the communication between the Bluetooth board and the DSP? I would like to implement a different control scheme for source selection.

Thanks!

Looks good thanks

What type antenna would be suitable for the Bluetooth board?

I'm going to take a guess so if I'm wrong someone can correct me.

According to Wiki: Bluetooth operates at frequencies between 2402 and 2480 MHz, or 2400 and 2483.5 MHz... I'm guessing any laptop 2.4MHz capable laptop-antenna should work fine. If you have an old laptop that no longer works you can probably scavange one from that or look at something like this

The reception of this module while I walk around my house is fine. If you're putting yours in a metal enclosure you'll need an antenna

Last edited:
Hi 3eaudio,

Thanks for organizing this group buy and the quick shipping. I've got the power supply, amplifier, and DSP board all hooked up and working. I've been playing around with the Sigmastudio file from your web site and was able to remove the crossover functionality I don't need.

I have a question though: some of the modules in the Sigmastudio file are password-protected, specifically the "Auto Source Selection" and "Auto Mute" blocks. Is the password available? If not, could you provide some details on the communication between the Bluetooth board and the DSP? I would like to implement a different control scheme for source selection.

Thanks!

I'd also like to get into these sections if it's possible to get either the password or get hold of a file that doesn't have password protected sections.

I'm happy to agree to keep it confidential, but I want to implement a different input scheme and it would save work if I can adapt what's already there to my own system. Looking forward to my package next week.
Thanks.

@3eaudio: what is the UVP value on the 3255 boards? 19.7V would not start the board, but 24V is ok.
The manual says 24V, but a little lower would be nice for battery usage without a booster especially for the 3551 4 channel model where the manual specifies only a narrow range of 24-30V.

The 3255EVM board is fine with 18V, why did you choose a higher value?

Is it easy to change this? If so, how?

I noticed that the 2 output caps on 1 channel of my 2 boards are different in size (same value) and 1 of them is not flat with the board, but sticks out about 5mm.

On 1 board there was a little solder splatter on the bottom side but I could get that of with my finger nail.

Looks very good overall; I did not listen to them yet.