• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy (?) for fully assembled & tested "Norwood" boards in M2x Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Group Buy (?) for fully assembled & tested "Norwood" boards in M2x Power Amp

I would like to announce that I am ready to conduct a Group Buy. It will be fully assembled, fully tested, ready to use "Norwood" PCBs. These are input daughterboards for the diyAudio Store "M2x" amplifier. Norwood is sometimes imagined to be a challenge for DIY builders because it uses surface mount parts.

I propose to sell sets of two Norwood boards, fully assembled and fully tested, for USD 60 (plus postage) per set. This allows people who own an M2x amplifier, but who are unable or unwilling to build a surface mount board, to install a pair of Norwood boards and to conduct a listening evaluation.

Including postage, handling, and shipping fees the price will be USD 65 for US buyers, USD 70 for CAN+MEX buyers, and USD 75 for rest-of-world buyers. Compare that to the parts cost of a pair of M2x "Ishikawa" boards and remember that you receive fully tested, working boards. You don't solder anything.

If there are more than 5 people who are willing to commit to purchasing a pair of Norwood boards, I'll purchase components and start building. Max number of buyers will be limited to 15 (i.e. 15 sets of 2 boards), after which I will stop taking names and making promises.

Anyone who is CERTAIN they would purchase a pair of fully assembled and tested Norwood boards, at the prices mentioned above, please reply. If the number happens to go above 5 people, we'll start to make it happen.

Mark Johnson

Joined 2011
Paid Member
It appears that more than five people are willing to guarantee they'll buy. Which means: it will happen. I just ordered a brand new batch of Norwood PCBs that I'll use when assembling these boards. The chosen fab, Allpcb.com, makes it easy: just click "My Orders" then click "Reorder" and change the quantity. Very quick and very simple.

No need to send me blank Norwood boards you received from the store; save those and barter them with other DIYers.

My family celebrates Christmas so there will not be a lot of forward progress in the remainder of December; during that time we will all watch this thread to see how few or how many people want to order these boards.

Payment will be via PayPal "send money" / "gift" because the fees are lower. You send me money without me sending you an invoice. If that creates a problem for you, we can add an extra 10% to the price and I can send you a PayPal invoice at the 10% higher price. But who wants to pay an extra 10% just to avoid a minor inconvenience??

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Here is the "I will buy if there are any Norwoods available" list of people thus far:
  1. Mazeppa
  2. Badge
  3. RussellC
  4. KevinHeem
  5. 1543
  6. jcon2
  7. MEPER
  8. freejazz00
  9. WKCox
  10. scranton
There is still room to add your name to the list. If more than 15 people express interest, I'll draw names out of a hat to choose the final 15 buyers.

I am going to wait until January before taking any action, in case some diyAudio members are busy with holiday travel & family activities, and haven't had a chance to read or reply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.