• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy (?) for fully assembled & tested "Norwood" boards in M2x Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have received PayPal payment and shipping address from eleven buyers thus far. Here are their unique identifiers (but not their names), for privacy purposes.

Russellc, you should recognize exactly one of these ZIP identifiers. If you do, that means: I have received your PayPal payment and your shipping address.

• 1307x
  • 4942x
  • 5359x
  • 6411x
  • 7260x
  • 9003x
  • 9261x
  • 9500x
  • 9810x
  • Denmark
  • Norway

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Please pay for your Norwood purchase before Sunday

If any Norwood boardpairs have not been claimed and payment has not been received by PayPal on Sunday (Jan 13), I will sell them to people on the waiting list instead. After all funds have been collected, I will order parts from Mouser and start building the boards.

Twelve of the 15 winners whose names were drawn from a hat, have paid thus far. Thank you! The winners who have not yet paid, are:

• Quantensprung
  • angrypat

Please see your Private Messages for Paypal instructions. It would be regrettable if you don't get any Norwood boards just because of a needless delay in payment. On the other hand, that would be a happy development for some lucky person on the Waiting List!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Surprisingly there actually were cancellations / failures to pay, so a couple lucky Waiting List folks became buyers.

I just received payment for the fifteenth and final set of Norwood boards, and will order parts from Mouser today.

When will the Norwood boards be completed and tested and shipped? I don't know. Soon I hope. Relax and enjoy the wait.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I would like to ask a couple of questions to the people who ordered Norwood assembled PCBs, please.

Q1: What's the status of your M2x build? Haven't ordered M2x boards yet? Ordered parts and chassis but haven't begun the actual build? Build in progress but not finished? M2x complete and operational?

Q2: Have you posted your listening impressions of the M2x here (or anywhere else)? Which daughter card(s) have you listened to, and reviewed? Would you provide links please?​

Thank you very much indeed!

Norwood status report: Parts have arrived from Mouser and assembly has begun. The probability I will ship out all 15 sets of boards before 31 January, is zero percent. The probability I will ship out all 15 sets of boards before 28 February, is 98%. Not 100% because I could get hit by a bus, NorCal could have a devastating earthquake, etc.

Q1: What's the status of your M2x build? Haven't ordered M2x boards yet? Ordered parts and chassis but haven't begun the actual build? Build in progress but not finished? M2x complete and operational?

My M2x was completed last October. It's currently my reference amp.

Q2: Have you posted your listening impressions of the M2x here (or anywhere else)? Which daughter card(s) have you listened to, and reviewed? Would you provide links please?

Have built and used all daughter cards, except for the Norwood, and have posted impressions in post #886 of the M2x thread.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I’m currently listening to an M2 using boards from teabag. I’m planning on sliding the M2X boards into that chassis and then experimenting with the front end daughter cards. I probably have a good share of the parts on hand but haven’t done inventory or ordered additional parts, most importantly the transformers.

I’ve written a few words on the sound of the M2 somewhere in the Official M2 Schematic thread (far from a review). I usually have a difficult time putting what I’m hearing into words.

I have M2x PCB's and all (I hope) components for them.
No daughter board parts, Norwood will be first in.

Recently completed a 5U chassis with Universal PS.
MJ, you have me rethinking the CL60's I have in there.
Currently working on Aleph J boards.
M2x/Norwood will be next.

I could well be the slowest builder in all of DiyAudio-dom, but will eventually post listening impressions unless a NoCal earthquake :eek: , or :zombie: apocalypse intervene.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I’ve inventoried my parts here at home and soldered what I have into the M2x boards. The remaining parts from Mouser and transformers from Edcor are scheduled to be here early next week. The chassis and power supply are in use now (M2 boards from teabag installed) so it shouldn’t take much to swap in the “x” boards and be up and running...the race is on!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.