• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy (?) for fully assembled & tested "Norwood" boards in M2x Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I would like to announce that I am ready to conduct a Group Buy. It will be fully assembled, fully tested, ready to use "Norwood" PCBs. These are input daughterboards for the diyAudio Store "M2x" amplifier. Norwood is sometimes imagined to be a challenge for DIY builders because it uses surface mount parts.

I propose to sell sets of two Norwood boards, fully assembled and fully tested, for USD 60 (plus postage) per set. This allows people who own an M2x amplifier, but who are unable or unwilling to build a surface mount board, to install a pair of Norwood boards and to conduct a listening.... blah blah blah

Mark Johnson

Mark, if you explain (or reference/link) what an Norwood board, or M2x amplifier is you may find many more individual are interested. As it is I have no clue.

This is a great idea, I recently purchased a practice smd board (does nothing), I got it done, isn't pretty, and I nearly went blind doing it! I'm pretty sure the board wouldn't do anything even it was supposed to! So...I'm in, and I haven't even bought the M2x boards yet!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Whoops! member "Badge" should not be on the list, s/he merely offered a suggestion for discussion thread clarity. But did not guarantee to buy. That means another purchasing slot is available.

{I have received PMs from people who beg to purchase all remaining Norwood boards, unlimited quantities, as many as I can build, after all guaranteed purchasers on this thread get their two boards each}

1. Mazeppa
  2. RussellC
  3. KevinHeem
  4. 1543
  5. jcon2
  6. BEYoung
  7. MEPER
  8. freejazz00
  9. WKCox
  10. scranton
  11. Quantensprung
  12. Gwrskien
  13. sampsonite
  14. mordikai
  15. angrypat
If more than 15 people express interest, I'll draw names out of a hat to choose the final 15 buyers.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
We've arrived in January 2019 and, as promised, I'm will stop adding names to the list in four days. I want to give people a chance to log in after their holiday vacation(s), and to see this thread.

At 12:00 Noon, San Francisco time, Sunday January 06, 2019, I will stop adding names to the list. Check my math, I might be wrong, but I think

• Noon Sunday in San Francisco == 20:00 Sunday in London
  • Noon Sunday in San Francisco == 10:00 Sunday in Honolulu
  • Noon Sunday in San Francisco == 04:00 Monday in Singapore
  • Noon Sunday in San Francisco == 01:30(!!) Monday in Bangalore
  • Noon Sunday in San Francisco == 22:00 Sunday in Helsinki
  • Noon Sunday in San Francisco == 23:00 Sunday in Istanbul

Whoops! member "Badge" should not be on the list, s/he merely offered a suggestion for discussion thread clarity. But did not guarantee to buy. That means another purchasing slot is available.

{I have received PMs from people who beg to purchase all remaining Norwood boards, unlimited quantities, as many as I can build, after all guaranteed purchasers on this thread get their two boards each}

1. Mazeppa
  2. RussellC
  3. KevinHeem
  4. 1543
  5. jcon2
  6. BEYoung
  7. MEPER
  8. freejazz00
  9. WKCox
  10. scranton
  11. Quantensprung
  12. Gwrskien
  13. sampsonite
  14. mordikai
  15. angrypat
  16. ckwong99

Joined 2011
Paid Member
With the assistance of Mrs. J., fifteen names were drawn from a hat. These 15 people (out of 23 total ... lots of last minute private messages!) win the right to buy a pair of fully assembled and tested Norwood boards.

Everyone else has been automatically entered onto a Waiting List. If one of the 15 winners changes his mind, or fails to pay on time, BOOM! they're kicked out and replaced by a new buyer, randomly chosen from the Waiting List.

I've sent PayPal instructions via Private Message, to the 15 winners. Please pay before Sunday 13 January, or you will lose this opportunity to buy Norwood boards.

Thanks everyone,
Mark J

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.