• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bigbottle MC only Valve/JFET phonostage Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi BB... Was just wondering.... And thanks for the update :)
Since we don´t have the schematics....
We have 2 x 7DJ8/pcc88. Could you tell if the ECC83 is wired 6.3volt or 12.6volt for the filament??
Just that I have a bunch of 6N2P-EV lying around, so these would be nice to use, if wired 6.3volts :)

The ECC83 is wired 6.3V with a series resistor of 2 off 8.2 ohm parallel resistors.
You can use a 6N2P except you will need to re-wire the heater connections.
Pin 9 will need to be isolated as it is a screen connection in the 6N2P.

Alan aka Firebottle.

Hey Bigman.

I believe you have the gain set to 68db for MC cartridges.
Is it possible to reduce the gain to 40db by making some resistor value changes?

Cheers

You would need to remove the BF862 fet and connect the PCC88 cathode to signal ground through a biasing component, my choice is a red LED. The 470nF capacitors C105/205 can then be removed
Then apply the input to the PCC88 grid with a 47K ohm grid resistor. Currently the grid is connected to signal ground so would require modification to the pcb.

Alan aka Firebottle.

I now have a stock of 50 BF862 If anyone needs help sourcing them.

These are legitimate ones and guaranteed.

£4 for 4. You may think "why do I need 4?"

Well, they are easy to drop and impossible to find again lol.

Seppo, I'll send your 4 ASAP

If anyone is interested, I also have a few spare boards now too.

Available to sell individually now.

Thanks to everyone participating so far, looking forward to the updates!!

From ECC83 to 6N2P-EV

First thing is to get the board to fit your supply of tubes:)
Cut a few traces and resoldered nw connections, to get V-111 to accept filament 6.3 volts between pin 4 & 5.

Attachments

• BB modify.jpg
    BB modify.jpg
    629.7 KB · Views: 410
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.