• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest for 3rd GB for Pioneer Super Linear Headphone Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These boards were so enjoyable to build, I thought about putting my name on the list just to make some for the classifieds, someone scared of SMD can enjoy them.

Highly recommended project for those with OCD.

Anyway, Whilst building mine I wondered if Patrick would consider one small addition to the Xfeed / potentiometer PCB. Hopefully a good idea for the next generation of builders:

Put output pins / holes right behind the pot on the board, the traces would track nicely from the pot pins. At the moment we have to solder straight to the pins under the board which of course is a good connection but thought it would be a tidy solution.

Hope the suggestion doesn't offend Patrick, I'm guessing you order PCB's when the numbers are right and are not drawing from stock.

Yes Patrick plus a couple of JLH sets were given away ;) I still have many BJT's within matching range and SMD parts that need using up my friend. It is just a waste of quality components if I do not use them on something.

The current output version and another set here can easily be accommodated by what I have left. Plus there are so many variations of the build, with servo and no CSS etc.

Also, I can help the GB move along as a couple of members have gotten parts from me ready for this round. They are nicely designed and rare little boards really and very enjoyable to build. With your Motherboard I might try a different configuration. The board kit is well worth the money by the way.

What do you think about the output pins on the Xfeed?

Last edited:
That's no bother Patrick, all good unless the group prefers the through hole version.

The Sanken transistors seemed easy to find complimentary matches, enough for a few boards really, still have one group of 4 matched NPN/PNP left. In the past I have found On-semi not so easy to match between NPN / PNP and I do like when a datasheet specifies an audio application ;)

But definitely worth trying a few, they may even sound better. On-semi make good components for sure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.