Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"
DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th September 2018, 01:27 PM   #1
ryanj is offline ryanj  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Hi Guys,

I've started to design a new PCB for the TDA1541A to make space for the 14 decoupling caps that are needed for a 50Hz DEM.

This idea came about from ECdesigns in this post here: 50Hz DEM

We can use this thread to start an interest list to get an idea on numbers, and a general discussion.

Eg: "ryanj x 1"...etc

This offer is for unpopulated PCBs at this stage.

Last edited by ryanj; 18th October 2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 27th September 2018, 01:32 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumotan View Post
Since your making a new board, perhaps you should include the I/V stage on it as well Ryan. Don’t think many will adopt passive with opt as suggested by John.
Cost is at play here. You were playing with Cen Zen I/V, perhaps you could seek the designer’s blessing to incorporate this into your board ? Yes a new thread is the way to go.

Cheers
I've asked EUVL about using his circuit on a PCB... I got the feeling hes not overly thrilled about the idea. Plus Im not 100% sure im going to continue using it.

On the new PCB i've got some passive IV options, but it doesn't need to be populated.

Last edited by ryanj; 27th September 2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 27th September 2018, 01:46 PM   #3
batteryman is offline batteryman  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj View Post
Hi Guys,

I've started to design a new PCB for the TDA1541A to make space for the 14 decoupling caps that are needed for a 50Hz DEM.

We can use this thread to start an interest list to get an idea on numbers, and a general discussion.

Eg: "ryanj x 1"...etc
I suggest allowing for two 1541s, either in parallel or balanced. Maybe you could add some hardware to produce bit perfect inverted data for the second one.

Below is my version using IanCandad's I2Sto PCM board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1541ij.jpg (255.2 KB, 944 views)
Old 27th September 2018, 01:48 PM   #4
sumotan is offline sumotan  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Well I can understand your predicament Ryan. Your providing a service for use diyers to make things easier for us. Like John he's been so gracious all these years to share his wealth of knowledge & we all should be very thankful. I take it that John is ok with your efforts ? Back to D3 hmmm a tube stage would be nice. Lot's of experts here could chime in to share their thoughts.

Good luck
Old 27th September 2018, 01:59 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batteryman View Post
I suggest allowing for two 1541s, either in parallel or balanced. Maybe you could add some hardware to produce bit perfect inverted data for the second one.

Below is my version using IanCandad's I2Sto PCM board.
I plan on giving ECdesigns "signed magnitude" idea a go in the near future, so I want to make sure it is upgradable by just adding another D3 PCB. Also want to keep it as simple as possible this time around, and not everyone is going to be interested in running dual mono/parallel/balanced.

Last edited by ryanj; 27th September 2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 27th September 2018, 02:04 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Well I can understand your predicament Ryan. Your providing a service for use diyers to make things easier for us. Like John he's been so gracious all these years to share his wealth of knowledge & we all should be very thankful. I take it that John is ok with your efforts ? Back to D3 hmmm a tube stage would be nice. Lot's of experts here could chime in to share their thoughts.

Good luck
Yeah its a balance of designing how I want it to be designed, and how I think would make it useable for DIYers.

Yes I asked John about these PCBs, and he graciously had no problem with it at all. Bless him.
Old 27th September 2018, 02:11 PM   #7
batteryman is offline batteryman  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj View Post
I plan on giving ECdesigns "signed magnitude" idea a go in the near future, so I want to make sure it is upgradable by just adding another D3 PCB. Also want to keep it as simple as possible this time around, and not everyone is going to be interested in running dual mono/parallel/balanced.
If you could make the new pcb stackable using 2.54 pitch connector strips this would be a good way of covering all bases. (or a master / slave approach)
Old 27th September 2018, 02:12 PM   #8
sumotan is offline sumotan  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Yes bless John. Frankly Iíve played with passive i/v way back but it wasínt a ear opener for me, perhaps a parallel TDA will wake it up.

Cheers
Old 27th September 2018, 02:15 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batteryman View Post
If you could make the new pcb stackable using 2.54 pitch connector strips this would be a good way of covering all bases. (or a master / slave approach)
I'll consider that. Cheers.
Old 27th September 2018, 02:17 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yes bless John. Frankly Iíve played with passive i/v way back but it wasínt a ear opener for me, perhaps a parallel TDA will wake it up.

Cheers
True, with the current of an extra 1541 to play with, it might be a winner.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"Hide this!Advertise here!