• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I’m aiming for 26-27V as I believe Ryan said was acceptable.

Obviously the board power inlet is labeled 26V.

I wouldn’t have had to change anything on the CMx if I had been able to stick with the 22V transformer I initially tested it with.

Unfortunately, it took up more space than I wanted so I ordered a Triad VPT48-520 which put out 27.5V after the CMx with a 200 Ohm load.

I felt that was too high and had to start playing with R4 and R5 to try and get it to an acceptable level.

After I tested my CMx board a second time with 22 Ohm paralleled with a 100 Ohm I actually got about 26.3V.

There is obviously fluctuations in my mains voltage causing it to swing. It appears to be centered on about 26V so I am leaving it for now.

D3 input voltage

The voltage input limitations are set by the amount of heat dissipated by CC1 and V1 . I usually aim between 26V and 27V, but I have used up to 28V with no issues as long as the temp on CC1 and V1 are not too far above around 55 Celsius.

I would not recommend going lower than 26V - as this was the voltage that I used in the simulation to get good performance, anything lower than 25.5V may affect performance.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
The voltage input limitations are set by the amount of heat dissipated by CC1 and V1 . I usually aim between 26V and 27V, but I have used up to 28V with no issues as long as the temp on CC1 and V1 are not too far above around 55 Celsius.

I would not recommend going lower than 26V - as this was the voltage that I used in the simulation to get good performance, anything lower than 25.5V may affect performance.

I was playing around with a variac and varying the input voltage to the Dac board. Absolutely correct about CC1, the temp gets to high quickly. I’ve gone as low as 24.5vdc, below 24.1v the three voltages start to go out of regulation. If the simulation was based on 26v, try to be within -0.5/+1.0 of 26v.

Got them today. Prefect pcb's.
Many thanks, Ryan! JPEG_20201020_130355_6427444535105739861.jpg

I was playing around with a variac and varying the input voltage to the Dac board. Absolutely correct about CC1, the temp gets to high quickly. I’ve gone as low as 24.5vdc, below 24.1v the three voltages start to go out of regulation. If the simulation was based on 26v, try to be within -0.5/+1.0 of 26v.

thanks to all that helped.. I will adjust the power supply to the recommended voltage.

I've placed an order for bisesik transformer for the d3 and should hopefully get it by the end of this week. will give an update on how this works out.

Hi,
if i use a 200ohm 5w resistor to test my charge multiplier psu, then the voltage climbs slowly up to 24v and stays there. it needs about 3-4 secs to reach 24v. Any idea what i did wrong ? Or is it a wrong r at the end (15ohm).
The transformer is a 24-0-24 24VA one, so that should not be a problem.

Last edited: