• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ryan,

Everything is powered but I’m not getting any audio, only digital noise. I’m running an XMOS USB to I2S -> I2S to Simultaneous board -> Distinction.

I’m using a tube output stage, so R35, R36 not populated. Those pads are not shunted when unpopulated, correct?

Like I said earlier, I was able to trim the offset out.

Cheers,

Greg

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I would suggest you try to determine which board is causing your problem. Have you tried your D3 with I2S input? If not, change the D3 board to I2S and connect your USB to I2S board to the D3. If that is successful, then you know that the issue is with the Simultaneous board. If I2S input does not work, then you have an issue with your D3.

I would suggest you try to determine which board is causing your problem. Have you tried your D3 with I2S input? If not, change the D3 board to I2S and connect your USB to I2S board to the D3. If that is successful, then you know that the issue is with the Simultaneous board. If I2S input does not work, then you have an issue with your D3.

How do I change the D3 for I2s?

Joined 2012
Paid Member
On the back of the board, there is J1, J2,and J3. Put solder on J1 for I2S, or solder on J2 for Simultaneous. That is shown on the back of the board. For Simultaneous, did you solder J2?

If you are changing inputs, you have to desolder the input that you are changing from.

Last edited:
Ryan,

Everything is powered but I’m not getting any audio, only digital noise. I’m running an XMOS USB to I2S -> I2S to Simultaneous board -> Distinction.

I’m using a tube output stage, so R35, R36 not populated. Those pads are not shunted when unpopulated, correct?

Like I said earlier, I was able to trim the offset out.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,

You can leave R35 and R36 unpopulated, they are an option for an IV resistor.

If your getting digital noise check whether you have the outputs connected to the correct inputs, and if you haven't already make sure you put a solder blob on J2 when running in simultaneous mode.

Hi Greg,

You can leave R35 and R36 unpopulated, they are an option for an IV resistor.

If your getting digital noise check whether you have the outputs connected to the correct inputs, and if you haven't already make sure you put a solder blob on J2 when running in simultaneous mode.

Ryan / Ben,

I put a shunted J2, still the same. Can you guys look at my USB to I2S converter?

Singxer C-1 XMOS Digital Interface XU208 U8 Upgraded Femtosecond TCXO Audio | eBay

I'm next going to try I2s in lieu of Simul. With I2S I go directly from the converter to the D3, correct?

Cheers,

Greg

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Greg,

I don't have a Singer C-1 but after searching and reading about the Singer on the net, the Singer outputs I2S. This page shows the I2S output pins and power supply connection and Ground pins:

Singxer C1 (NDK/EPSON)- USB Digital Interface Board – XU208 chip | Kitsune HiFi - HoloAudio USA

Yes, for I2S, connect the Singer directly to the D3.

Ben

Ps: The Singer ground needs to be connected to the D3 if in I2S or connected to the Simultaneous board if using Simultaneous. From Simultaneous to D3, if you are using the connectors, Ground is already included in the cables.

Last edited:
Hi Greg,

I don't have a Singer C-1 but after searching and reading about the Singer on the net, the Singer outputs I2S. This page shows the I2S output pins and power supply connection and Ground pins:

Singxer C1 (NDK/EPSON)- USB Digital Interface Board – XU208 chip | Kitsune HiFi - HoloAudio USA

Yes, for I2S, connect the Singer directly to the D3.

Ben

Ps: The Singer ground needs to be connected to the D3 if in I2S or connected to the Simultaneous board if using Simultaneous. From Simultaneous to D3, if you are using the connectors, Ground is already included in the cables.

Ben,

I never connected ground from the Singxer to the simultaneous, I checked the ground pinout and discovered a solid ground all the way to the D3. However, I will do as you say and add a ground from the Singxer to the Simultaneous board.

It looks like my tube I/V has a an approximately 600R input impedance. This is the Abbass audio I/V which I know has been used with this dac board before. What should input the input impedance be? Approaching zero?

Thanks,

Greg