• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The bigger question is are the TDA1541A chips available for sale genuine? Many are available on ebay but are they genuine, or re-marked as higher grade, or non-A as A, or even fake non-operational chips?

Earlier this year a diyAudio member had two chips listed in the Swap Meet without photos. I messaged him and he sent me a photo. One of the chips in the photo did not appear genuine as the font appeared incorrect (different type and size), and the "4" and "A" in TDA1541A had all straight lines. I messaged him back and told him that one of the chips did not appear genuine, and therefore I was not interested.

Later on, he messaged me (why, I don't know) and told me that he had sold them on ebay.

So buyer beware!

Hello all music friends, i have some news... today i connected the jdlsoundsviii in simultaneous mode config to the d3distinction. It worked from the first play. The sound is very good, i don´t know if are the ndk clocks, if is the way the reclock is done but in my previous experiences with akm dacs i also preferred this board against Ians fifopi with crystek clocks and lipo ps. i did not compared to ian fifopi with the is2tosim since i could not run ok... i have to put ndk clocks in fifopi i have to check the i2stosim board again to make the final judges,...
It works ok with upsampling till 352800 hz
I m using foobar on a laptop...nothing exotic...

Last edited:
Here is a picture... 20190823_135241.jpg