• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joined 2016
Paid Member
But my findings in the LtSpice simulation and the new circuit picture from Ryan shows 2x34V are correct. (Ryan please correct me if I am writing something stupid ;) )

Ryan, as you know I've tried unsuccessfully to make this circuit work using 24v transformer. Now that I am looking for 34v transformer with CT as per your diagram I cannot find any suitable transformer (ie. 68v series 34v parallel or 34v-0-34v) the only one I can find on usual suppliers is a non-stocked item about US$200 and rated at 1700VA. I will be very interested to learn about the transformer you have been using.

I think for many us trying to do this project the PSU aspect is proving tricky.

Thanks.

Ryan, as you know I've tried unsuccessfully to make this circuit work using 24v transformer. Now that I am looking for 34v transformer with CT as per your diagram I cannot find any suitable transformer (ie. 68v series 34v parallel or 34v-0-34v) the only one I can find on usual suppliers is a non-stocked item about US$200 and rated at 1700VA. I will be very interested to learn about the transformer you have been using.

Thanks.

Hi Clayton,

Here you can find such transformers :

TTSA0030 - Transformer AUDIO TSA30VA - voltage to 50V - Shop Toroidy.pl

As example 30VA but you can get a lot of others, and then you can choose 2x34V. They will cost around 24,-€ without shipping.
I have ordered one too but it has not arrived until now.
If I have gotten it and build the circuit i will inform you about my findings.

In the meantime I tried out to power up the D2 with two UltraBIBs from Salas with a transformer 2x15V connected to one + and one - PCB with connection between both 0 on the output and using only the + and - output (each adjusted to 13 between +/- to 0, so you get 26V between + and -).
A third UltraBIB is used for the 8V.

It works without any problems, but the simulations of Ryan circuit shows a clean output so I am curious how it will influence the sound.
As told I will keep you informed.

Hope that helps a little bit.

André

Thanks.

Hi Clayton,

The transformer im using is a "F-212Z" from Triad. It is a 24-0-24 24VA.

In the schematics I posted the model says 34V as a peak voltage not the RMS.

What exactly was the issue when you tried building this circuit previously?

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi Clayton,

The transformer im using is a "F-212Z" from Triad. It is a 24-0-24 24VA.

In the schematics I posted the model says 34V as a peak voltage not the RMS.

What exactly was the issue when you tried building this circuit previously?

I couldn’t get the voltage low enough when testing my with load resistor. From memory I could only get it down to 29v.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Thanks Andre. I had forgotten about Toroidy. Have bought from them before.

I see Ryan’s reply that he is using 24-0-24

I need to play around with my setup again and check the Darlingtons are still ok
I have been using 0-24v with full rectifier. Will try other things.

Hi Clayton,

Here you can find such transformers :

TTSA0030 - Transformer AUDIO TSA30VA - voltage to 50V - Shop Toroidy.pl

As example 30VA but you can get a lot of others, and then you can choose 2x34V. They will cost around 24,-€ without shipping.
I have ordered one too but it has not arrived until now.
If I have gotten it and build the circuit i will inform you about my findings.

In the meantime I tried out to power up the D2 with two UltraBIBs from Salas with a transformer 2x15V connected to one + and one - PCB with connection between both 0 on the output and using only the + and - output (each adjusted to 13 between +/- to 0, so you get 26V between + and -).
A third UltraBIB is used for the 8V.

It works without any problems, but the simulations of Ryan circuit shows a clean output so I am curious how it will influence the sound.
As told I will keep you informed.

Hope that helps a little bit.

André

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I see Ryan’s reply that he is using 24-0-24

I need to play around with my setup again and check the Darlingtons are still ok
I have been using 0-24v with full rectifier. Will try other things.

Do you mean bridge rectifier when you mention "0-24v with full rectifier"?

A bridge with 0-24V and a full wave with 24-0-24V should give the same DC voltage. Perhaps there is something not quite right in the circuit as constructed?