• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Ryan, I have placed my order for the DAC boards.
Thank you for the psu info.
After searching the floating supply a bit, it seems we need a transf. w/ 2 x 24V second., BD679 for Q1 & Q2, BD680 for Q3 & Q4.
MBRS360 is obsolete, but MBR360G is available.
But, could you share the part #'s for L1, L2 100mH & L3, L4 470uH chokes ?
Thank you again.

Hi,

L1 and L2 is one part, a common mode choke. The one I used is now listed as obsolete but there are plenty in stock at digikey.
100mH CMC ELF-18D620

When I had L3 and L4 in place I honestly couldnt hear any improvemnt in SQ than without them so I took them out.

For the diodes, im using Schottky types. MBRS360 was one that was avaliable as a model in LTspice, so it was just through convenience to use it.

All the best with your build.

Yes you can still order a PCB, I have a few left.

Do you mean you want to run in parallel?

Great! Great!

Yes, to run in parallel.

I sent the payment for one. still unsure if i need more and looking at the part list which is a hassle to get in Russia probably it is wise to send you an offer for your test board..

Payment received. There shouldn't be any issue running in parallel - although I haven't looked into it so im not the best source for that advice.

Yes feel free to make a bid on the test PCB.

Hi Ryan! Can you say, is it possible to avoid the current offset elements (TR1\C56\R32 and TR2\C57\R33) if to use your boards in differential mode with transformers?
I mean the following connection:

Differential output.png

Have you tried that or not? Thank you!

BR, Ivan

Hi Ryan! Can you say, is it possible to avoid the current offset elements (TR1\C56\R32 and TR2\C57\R33) if to use your boards in differential mode with transformers?
I mean the following connection:

View attachment 768589

Have you tried that or not? Thank you!

BR, Ivan

Hi,

No I havnt tried using a transformer for my output stage. I believe Batteryman and Koldby have had experience with transformers, they would be able to give you some advice.

I'd say it would depend on the resistance of the coils. I've found that having DC on AOL and AOR has a negative impact on the SQ, but this is using the CEN passive IV, so it may have a different impact. Not sure. Sorry im not much help.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
When I order components I usually order extras, especially for the smaller sized smd components. The smaller sized resistors and capacitors can be easily lost so spares are handy. It saves on reordering time and shipping cost for orders of less than $100 if buying from Digi-Key or Mouser.

I will not be ordering extra C4 C14 C20 though. They are big enough so I will be able to see them if I drop them. And I will be ordering the Ryan recommended Rubycons.

So for me the BOM cost will be a bit more to account for possible component loss due to my clumsiness or poor soldering technique.

Although for the components that are required in quantities of seven or eight, it may not cost any more to buy 10, so the spares are free.