Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"
DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 02:13 PM   #451
Ben Mah is online now Ben Mah  Canada
diyAudio Member

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"
Hi Greg,

Were you measuring with the shorted U.FL sockets still on the board, or did you remove them first. If they were still shorted, that would have affected the measurements.

You may be able to reuse the sockets if the problem was too much solder. Just remove them and remove all of the solder and resolder them. Use only a small amount of solder to avoid shorting them again.

Ben
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #452
ggetzoff is offline ggetzoff  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Mah View Post
Hi Greg,

Were you measuring with the shorted U.FL sockets still on the board, or did you remove them first. If they were still shorted, that would have affected the measurements.

You may be able to reuse the sockets if the problem was too much solder. Just remove them and remove all of the solder and resolder them. Use only a small amount of solder to avoid shorting them again.

Ben
Ben,

Yes, I've removed the U.FL LE socket. I fixed the solder blob a while ago and now it's completely removed. Diode checking from the positive pad (DMM Common ) to Cathode on D1 (DMM Positive) yields .52v drop. So, D1 is good.

Cheers,

Greg
Old Today, 02:41 PM   #453
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj View Post
Greg,

Those photos show that your LE ufl connector has a solder blob on the gnd shroud. And also check to see if you have DR and DL around the right way.
Ryan,

I did remove that blob and ensured that there was not a short. I'm going to replace the U.FL male because I'm just not sure about it at this point.

DR and DL are indeed oriented correctly.

LE / WS1 was the first U.FL that I soldered and I did not get it right the first time (solder shunted underneath). It was removed, pads cleaned, and re-mounted.

Cheers,

Greg
Old Today, 02:59 PM   #454
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Mah View Post
Hi Greg,

Ben
Ben,

All measurements were done with good U.FL sockets, meaning open and correct orientation. The part I'm confused about is your reverse diode measurement of LE. I only get a "1" when I reverse. Meaning, a good diode check at D1: common on Cathode (positive pad on LE) and positive probe on Anode of D1.

I'm just not understanding what you are saying, when you get a voltage reading both ways.

I must be doing something wrong.

Greg

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"Hide this!Advertise here!