• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m interested in a parallel/balanced version if you decide to follow that path. :)

I have a few spare balanced 1541 dac pcbs which are surplus.

Requires -18-24v, and +- 8-12V for the onboard regulators of your choice.

ECDesigns low frequency dem clocking is possible as the pcb is designed for the 100uf dem caps (Nichicon UKL ultra low leakage recommended).

Separate inputs and outputs.

Please PM me if interested.

Attachments

• MULTIDAC1.jpg
    MULTIDAC1.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 1,358
markos4553 x1
BarG01 x1
sthcoaster x2
av-trouvaille x1 (possibly more)
kenlaumm x 2
Si_jopie0382 x 2
pistollero x 1
nick696 x 1
leejh x 1
ekidnah09 x 1
wlowes x 1
Greg Stewart x 1
Ben Mah x 1
dabore84 x 1
RobA x 1
Harolda x 2
Ernesternest x 1
sampsonite x 2
Sonicmasala x 1
bigturtle x 2

HI Koldby,

Thanks for sharing your experience in post #18

I'm curious about what BJT I/V Converter you like better than the single MOSFET and other I/V converters??

Thanks Peter
Hi Sven257
It is actually one of my own design. It is a modified version of one I used for TDA1543. Discrete , no feedback and very low input impedance. I have attached the TDA1543 version so you can see the idea..

Attachments

• TDA1543SCH.pdf
    18.8 KB · Views: 298
markos4553 x1
BarG01 x1
sthcoaster x2
av-trouvaille x1 (possibly more)
kenlaumm x 2
Si_jopie0382 x 2
pistollero x 1
nick696 x 1
leejh x 1
ekidnah09 x 1
wlowes x 1
Greg Stewart x 1
Ben Mah x 1
dabore84 x 1
RobA x 1
Harolda x 2
Ernesternest x 1
sampsonite x 2
Sonicmasala x 1
bigturtle x 2
cristianr x 1

Thank you Koldby,
Very nice, I might give it try now that I am getting back into the audio hobby again...
Ur welcome, but remember to modify it. The two red LED's need to be replaced by a BC550 (in each channel) with collector and basis tied together and connected to the resistor and basis junction and emitter to ground. This is to ensure almost 0 VDC voltage @ the dac output from TDA1541A. TDA1543 needs DC voltage @ its output, hence the two LED's.

Place these new BC550 close to the Q3 and Q1 and preferably with thermal contact.