• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Would you please consider to expand some in the first post on why this new design is interesting. Possibly with a link to the thread from where the idea was born.

In the meantime I have confidence this design process will be worth following, so:
markos4553 x1
BarG01 x1
sthcoaster x2
av-trouvaille x1 (possibly more)

Hi Ryanj
Did you ever make, or consider making, a pcb of the i2s to signed magnitude converter suggested by John here:
Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541A
By the way, isen't it so , that the way John is producing the DOL- and DOL+ with an AND gate and an OR gate is exactly the same as inverting the datastream?
I think he does it that way in order to avoid propagation delay in the inverted data stream?
But dosen't it make that infamous LSB error then?
I probably should ask that in the other thread..

Hi Ryanj
Did you ever make, or consider making, a pcb of the i2s to signed magnitude converter suggested by John here:
Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541A
I plan on making a PCB for this, hopefully soon.

By the way, isen't it so , that the way John is producing the DOL- and DOL+ with an AND gate and an OR gate is exactly the same as inverting the datastream?
I think he does it that way in order to avoid propagation delay in the inverted data stream?
But dosen't it make that infamous LSB error then?
I probably should ask that in the other thread..
I see John gave you a good answer on this. ;)