• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ryan,

I've received the I2s convertor board. Thanks. Do I want to use a right-justified convertor board?

Going to start my build tommorow and have an S1 Crown on
the way.

Cheers,

Greg

Much better :D

Attachments

• for sale 008.jpg
    for sale 008.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 745
D3 CapMX PSU details

Details for D3 PSU PCB mentioned in post #259.

I'm using F-212Z from triad but its nothing special, all you need is two 24V windings rated at 24VA.

Depending on your mains regulation in your area you may want to adjust R4 and R5. I've found that 15R is about right to get an output of around 26 to 27V.

The diodes im using are BYV29 - but you may use whatever you have. You might want to get some schottky diodes - Allow for a current pulse of around 2.5A.

D3 CapMX PSU BOM

D3 CapMX PSU Schematics

Last edited:
S1

I think the lettering on the S1 was all over the place. Here is a pic of mine from 88. I have no idea if it is genuine but it works and sounds as people describe.
I use the S2. Some like it some do not. Lucky to have choices.

Attachments

• S1 and S2.jpg
    S1 and S2.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 480
Guys,

I bought it with my Credit Card, so if it's a fake I've got 6 months to claim it as fraud. My CC company will ask no questions and refund my money. The vendor I bought it from sells a lot of vintage NOS components. He's got some really odd old stuff. Been around a long time.

I'm not worried about it and I have my plain 1541 non A (non SEM) to compare it to.

We shall see soon enough....not worried.

Cheers,

Greg