• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe is the i2s format.. 20190811_091026.jpg

Joined 2012
Paid Member
After carefully listen i detect the sound was not so louder and something was missing. i only have the right channel sound playing mono on both speakers... so something wrong is going on here... any ideas??

Some thoughts:

Did you remove the solder from J1? Check again.

Double check all soldering on I2S to Simultaneous board.

Double check all soldering on D3 input circuitry.

Play a piece that has recognizable left and right channel information and check the following:

Check your output board. Right input only - what happens? Left input only? Switch inputs?

D3 input - remove Data R - what happens?

D3 input - remove Data L - what happens?

D3 input - switch Data R and Data L -what happens?

The object here is to narrow down the possible locations that may be causing the problem.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have about 100 hours on my D3 now and I must say, it has gotten better and better. The sound is open with really good high end - extended but not sharp or grating. The realism factor is high. With burn-in, the improvement over my own old diy board is very obvious and noticeable.

Thank you, Ryan.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Reading all these reports I can’t wait to get my D3 going. I have it soldered but have yet to finalise the psu- initially I will use the SRPP output from my current setup but have others to try as well. The part I had difficulty with were the medium and large capacitors - they are on the board but I’m not completely happy that they have full contact the whole pad. Will have another go. Not going to get to it real soon as school term has just started and I’m preparing an after school activity to make the “Altoid tin cmoy” head amp with whoever signs up for the fun.

Reading all these reports I can’t wait to get my D3 going. I have it soldered but have yet to finalise the psu- initially I will use the SRPP output from my current setup but have others to try as well. The part I had difficulty with were the medium and large capacitors - they are on the board but I’m not completely happy that they have full contact the whole pad. Will have another go. Not going to get to it real soon as school term has just started and I’m preparing an after school activity to make the “Altoid tin cmoy” head amp with whoever signs up for the fun.

The SMD caps can be a challenge at times. I've found that if I tin the pads and the legs then remove the excess solder it flows much better when soldered. I've used solder paste as well in the past and seems to work nicely. Heating the area with some hot air also helps. If you put your finger on the cap while soldering and you can feel it getting hot quickly - chances are it has soldered ok.