Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Group Buys Members group buys

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"
DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Would you like a through hole version of the D3?
Yes 4 50.00%
Maybe, depends on the performance 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd July 2021, 04:20 AM   #1081
sumotan is offline sumotan  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Aaah balanced one TDA for each channel or ???
I've a pair of custom Sowter opt wrongly made for this
purpose as Sowter misunderstood me . Lol.
Maybe someday will purchase boards frm you to try.

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2021, 04:35 AM   #1082
ryanj is offline ryanj  Australia
diyAudio Member

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"
Yes one per channel.

Thanks for your interest sumotan. If I can get a few more takers ill consider moving forward on this.

Old 22nd July 2021, 04:48 AM   #1083
sumotan is offline sumotan  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Good Ryan

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2021, 06:21 PM   #1084
Supersurfer is offline Supersurfer  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I would be interested in a pcb that is more hackable than the D3 board

For instance to bypass the LM317 combined power supply and use separate digital and analog power supplies with very low noise regulators. I could not do it on your D3 board due to the small components and 4 layer board (that is very nice by the way!)

I don’t know if it will better your dense smd design (the small paths are also beneficial and I like the closely positioned shunt regulators) but it would be nice to experiment with.

Maybe a combination of shunts, dem caps, digital data attenuators in smd very close to the dac chip and more through hole for components that not have to be very close to the dac?
Also nice to have TO-220 format ps regulators so one can change these for other types.

Regards,

Last edited by Supersurfer; 23rd July 2021 at 06:24 PM.
Old Today, 06:56 AM   #1085
santoshmanivannan is offline santoshmanivannan  India
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the good work Ryan. I recently heard about your boards and I'm yet to try it. But I have a bloodac with 4 TDA chips and I want to try the chips on a newer design so if you go ahead with the balanced design, I'd be up to purchasing the board(s).

Have you considered a design with dual differential balanced operation (Sorry I'm new to DIY and audio in general so I might have the wrong terminology) that can use 4 chips at once? (I'm greedy I'm sorry lol)
  Reply to this post

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"Hide this!Advertise here!