• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY I2S to simultaneous converter PCB

Hi Ryan,
is it possible (by simple re-wiring of IC's legs/nets on the board) to force your I2S2SIM to work with 32bit I2S input data instead of 64bit? Target - to get 352.8kHz SR at 11MHz BCK instead of 22MHz. Now with 32FS instead of 64FS I have the same (right) channel DATAs on both DL and DR outputs.

Last edited:
Hi ryanj,

It should be possible to modify the decoder by adjusting the delay circuit from 32 bits delay to 16 bits delay (as we now have only 32 bits / frame instead of 64 bits / frame):

-> disconnect the connection between U4 (74LV164) pin 13 (QH) and U5 (74LVC79) pin 1 or remove U4 (74LV164) from the PCB.

-> connect U5 pin 1 (data) to U2 (74LV164) pin 13 (QH)

I can't test this over here right now as I don't have any 32 bit / frame sources.