• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY I2S to simultaneous converter PCB

Thanks for posting that.

Good to hear you got it working.

:up:

Got the board runnig,

looks good at the logic analyser:
View attachment 722718
4f8tXTjlgKMBIAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Woohoo!! I'm now simultaneous!!

Thanks Ryan

Had fun with my new reflow tool this morning - but the time the last smd went on the board I had it down to a fine art :)

Currently sharing power supply/regulator with the dir9001 receiver but it will eventually get a dedicated supply.

Had a nervous moment when it would not work after cutting traces etc. but eventually found that I had lost the +5v to pin 28 VDD+ >> once I corrected that it was all go.

12year old is busy blasting Taylor Swift at the moment - I'll get a go after his bedtime

One question: when I eventually get my 2x tda1541a (one per channel) done will I need 2 of these boards?

(Do you have any left? I will add one to include with my order for D3 boards)

wow reflow tool , seem have big project :D

Thanks Ryan

Had fun with my new reflow tool this morning - but the time the last smd went on the board I had it down to a fine art :)

Currently sharing power supply/regulator with the dir9001 receiver but it will eventually get a dedicated supply.

Had a nervous moment when it would not work after cutting traces etc. but eventually found that I had lost the +5v to pin 28 VDD+ >> once I corrected that it was all go.

12year old is busy blasting Taylor Swift at the moment - I'll get a go after his bedtime

One question: when I eventually get my 2x tda1541a (one per channel) done will I need 2 of these boards?

Hi Clayton,

Your welcome, good to hear you got it working ok.

You should notice a slight difference when you have a dedicated supply.

If you're considering going parallel, you might want to give signed magnitude a go instead. Once xaled finishes his PCB you should probably grab one. I think I will also.

I still have 3 of the I2StoSIM PCBs left.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan

Joined 2016
Paid Member
After a period of listening I noticed I am getting white noise from one channel of my DAC - it disappears when I attach and turn on a source. I hadn't noticed it for so long because I usually turn on the source before the DAC and it plays fine - no white noise present.

I have swapped DOL and DOR connections to the chip and it changes side so that indicated to me it is in the signal coming from the I2StoPCM module. And it appears to be a fault in DOL. I've rechecked all my soldering and orientation of the ICs. All appears to be ok.

My I2S is coming from a DIR9001 module - I did not change the mode on this at all when I put the I2StoPCM card in there - I did of course change the mode of the TDA1541A chip. Is that correct?

Any suggestions of where to look?

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Sorted this out.

Blew some more hot air around and made doubly sure it was all soldered nicely. Made myself a CS8414 receiver to eliminate the DIR9001 (some might say a backwards step?).

Answered all my other questions with help of google and applying a bit of grey matter.

Happy camper

After a period of listening I noticed I am getting white noise from one channel of my DAC - it disappears when I attach and turn on a source. I hadn't noticed it for so long because I usually turn on the source before the DAC and it plays fine - no white noise present.

I have swapped DOL and DOR connections to the chip and it changes side so that indicated to me it is in the signal coming from the I2StoPCM module. And it appears to be a fault in DOL. I've rechecked all my soldering and orientation of the ICs. All appears to be ok.

My I2S is coming from a DIR9001 module - I did not change the mode on this at all when I put the I2StoPCM card in there - I did of course change the mode of the TDA1541A chip. Is that correct?

Any suggestions of where to look?