• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY I2S to simultaneous converter PCB

Thanks to John Brown from ECdesigns for sharing his work.

This PCB is based on schematics posted here.

PCB Order Form

V1:

BOM
Schematics

Comparison mp3s - I recorded the same song twice, once using my old setup, and then with the new PCB installed. Headphones will make it easier to hear the difference.
Using Iancanada I2S to PCM PCB
DIY I2S to SIM PCB

The V2 PCB is now avaliable.

This version has inverted data outputs to enable balanced operation - can run up to 4 x D3 PCBs in dual balanced operation, and 2 x D3 PCBs in dual mono/parallel operation.

V2:

Schematics
BOM
V2 Photo

Attachments

• I2S TO SIM PCB complete.jpg
    I2S TO SIM PCB complete.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 3,999
Last edited:
Excellent project thanks. I wonder what differences you hear direct in your system?

Hi kazap,

Sterreo image has changed. Sources of sound in the soundstage have become more pronounced to their position, bringing with it a more realistic musical representation. Symbols have more sparkle, vocals bring with them more of a feel for the space they are in and bass has more authority.

The differences are subtle, but they are definitely there. YMMV.