• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY I2S to simultaneous converter PCB

Any tips on soldering the surface mount components onto the board? I am not confident I could do it especially.

Use a good quality flux - Amtech NC-559 is up there with the best. Beware of fakes, this stuff is only made in the USA. Don't buy from china for this particular product.

Use a soldering iron that you can dial in the temperature exactly - with a small chisel tip I have it set at between 300 - 330 degrees celsius.

Use lots of adequate lighting.

Use a multicore 63/37 or 60/40 solder with a diameter of no more than .5mm

There are heaps of instructional videos on youtube.

Any tips on soldering the surface mount components onto the board? I am not confident I could do it especially.

That is the way I do it:

Use magnifying glasses.

I put a little solder on the PCB pads first.

I glue a match to the component's top to better handle it.

I place it perfectly on top of the soldered pads.

I proceed to solder pins and pads together with a little downward pressure on the pins or legs of the part. The opposite extreme corner legs first, to have a fixed position. Then it is safe to solder individual legs as they will not move...

I hope this helps.

Good luck,
M.

Sure, but my mess of a dac might be a good example of how not to do it...:p

Attachments

• 20181012_200852.jpg
    20181012_200852.jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 789