• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY I2S to simultaneous converter PCB

Joined 2012
Paid Member
The circuit has reclocking with flip-flops at its output. BCK provides the clock signal.

I use this board and it sounds good to me. However all parts of the digital chain contribute to the sound of my system. I have a FIFO and clock in front of this board.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi ryanj,

It should be possible to modify the decoder by adjusting the delay circuit from 32 bits delay to 16 bits delay (as we now have only 32 bits / frame instead of 64 bits / frame):

-> disconnect the connection between U4 (74LV164) pin 13 (QH) and U5 (74LVC79) pin 1 or remove U4 (74LV164) from the PCB.

-> connect U5 pin 1 (data) to U2 (74LV164) pin 13 (QH)

I can't test this over here right now as I don't have any 32 bit / frame sources.
HI!
I was wondering if there might be any downsides with the connectivity described above in terms of performances.
Another curiosity...What could happen if a 74hc175 was used as a frequency divider between the BCK input and the rest of the circuit.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Anthony.