• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #3; Fo-Felix & GB #1 AC Receptacle Enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would you guy's mind looking over my drawing since this is my first project using 120vac.

My questions are, is the ground connection okay, and is the floating shield okay after it enters the enclosure.

Also, is the breaker a good idea or overkill. I like the breaker as extra protection and as an on/off switch.

If you see any problems/mistakes please advise.

Thanks so much for any help.

Attachments

• My Enclosure-1.PNG
    My Enclosure-1.PNG
    34.3 KB · Views: 250
Question:

Would I want to connect the ground wire and the shield together at the bolt for case ground.

I ask because some of my power cords have the ground and shield connected together at both ends, some are just connected at the wall plug.

I've always wondered which way is best and what difference it makes.
:spin:

I need to understand grounding scheme's better.

Last edited:
Leaving it floating is done so that whatever it attenuates will not have a path to the inside of the equipment.

In a 100% balanced stereo, the shield is better connected because then you don't have any gaps in shielding. In any stereo with SE interconnects, it is a way to potentially introduce noise.

I would like to place a theoretical question , regarding the assumptions that make the Felix a good power conditioner.

I have PS AUdio regenerator, that assumes that one of the reason of high quality outputs is a "low impedance AC output".
So i assume that with this they are saying that the components see a low impedance in their AC input, and such is a good thing.

Well....if that is, isn't one doing the exact oposite with a Felix ? Offering the components with a High impedance AC input ? Or are we only offering a high impedance at higher frequencies ? It the CMC a low impedance device at 50Hz ?

Sorry for the noob questions. But the PS Audio yada yada got me thinking...

Shhh. Everyone else has to wait a minute. I sent yours because you technically tried to order from Gb #2 but there was small delay. (I think). I had a couple left over connectors, only a couple! I'm not holding out. The distributor just charged me a couple days ago, so they're on way.

They will be, they will be. That or I am going to mad at distributor! At least they got wise and ordered another big amount on top of having just enough to do another GB if necessary... Eventually they'll have like 12,000 of them and the GB will have dried up and they'll be all confused about why they aren't flying out the door! Ha...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.