• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USSA-5 PCB GB

Scott Stansbury / 2 Stereo sets / US/Massachusetts / color not important...
mazzer / 1 stereo set / Washington State USA / any color will do.
AnthonyA / 1 set with ntc, poly caps / Indonesia
tmas / 1 stereo set/PA USA/any colour
davidjt /1 stereo set/UK/any colour
pfarrell / 1 stereo set / NY USA / Any color - black boards are really nice though.
twocents / 1 stereo set / Canada (Ontario) / Any color

Last edited:
pfarrell / 1 stereo set / NY USA / Any color - black boards are really nice though.
Knuds1 / 1 stereo set / Norway /Any color

Touchdown / 1 stereo set / Italy / Any colour

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Update on new group buy

Hi to all members part of the last group buy.
We have reached 20 pcbs target number for a small batch manufacturing.
Since it has been a while please confirm your intention about the pcbs before I order them.

With a couple of additional recent tweaks it sounds even better. Just ask pinnocchio....;)

1 stereo set (2 pcbs) price will be 15$ USD. Just add 1$ packaging and also money for shipment (usually between about 10 to 15$ depending on country). Tracking available for US and Canada because added cost is not expensive.
Quality of pcb is still the same as indicated in first post.

Thanks
Fab

Last edited:

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Picture of bare pcb

Pcb picture

98mm x 84mm

Attachments

• E99EB775-F885-4BB3-B8AE-B23983AB7BC4.jpeg
    E99EB775-F885-4BB3-B8AE-B23983AB7BC4.jpeg
    580.8 KB · Views: 147
Confirmed. Fab, I really want to build the 5.1 and this will be my next big diy project for 2021.

I am just a bit concerned about obtaining some of the mosfets. The BC557C in particular is not available at Digikey or Profusion. But it looks like Rochester Electronics (Rochester Electronics (en-US) : Homepage) does have plenty stock of both BC547C and BC557C. They seem to specialize in EOL semiconductors and looks like they supply Digikey. I never heard of them or dealt with Rochester Electronics before, and I am not sure if we can buy small quantities from them? Anybody here dealt with Rochester before?

Confirmed:
mazzer / 1 stereo set / Wash. State USA / any color
touchdown / 1 stereo set / Italy / Any colour
twocents / 1 stereo set / Ontario Canada / Any color

New additions:
gabbar / 1 Stereo Set / USA / Any color

Confirmed:
davidjt/ 1 stereo set/ UK / Any colour

New additions:

Last edited:

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Confirmed. Fab, I really want to build the 5.1 and this will be my next big diy project for 2021.

I am just a bit concerned about obtaining some of the mosfets. The BC557C in particular is not available at Digikey or Profusion.

Hi twocents
For Profusion they indicate on their site that they still operate during the pandemic and some shipment delivery delay may be expected due to transport. In normal situations they deliver worldwide within 10 days. As for Exicon mosfet stock they still have plenty today.

For the input small signal transistors you can use B grade instead of C for gain since B gain grade is quite sufficient in this application due to the big degeneration in the input stage.

Fab

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Confirmed list as of 2021/01/06:

davidjt/ 1 stereo set/ UK / Any colour

Waiting for reassessment of confirmation:

Fab

Last edited:
Hi twocents
For Profusion they indicate on their site that they still operate during the pandemic and some shipment delivery delay may be expected due to transport. In normal situations they deliver worldwide within 10 days. As for Exicon mosfet stock they still have plenty today.

For the input small signal transistors you can use B grade instead of C for gain since B gain grade is quite sufficient in this application due to the big degeneration in the input stage.

Fab
Thanks Fab. I will worry about getting the transistors once the PCBs are on their way. It looks like Jameco Electronics (jameco.com) seem to have lots of stock and dirt cheap too.

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi
If Scott, AnthonyA and Tmas do not confirm I may proceed with the order anyway to prevent additional delay but I will increase the pcb stereo set price to 20$ USD instead of 15$. The manufacturer is temporarily closing early February so I need to place the order quickly.

Fab

Last edited: