• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Simple High Performance DC Coupled Class A HPA with sub PPM THD

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi all, I have been having some major medical drama around here - in and out of surgery , in and out of the Emergency room many times , in and out of surgery Again --- so I missed the the buy . . . so I was wondering if anyone has any extra Pcb's they would be willing to part with? I would be very grateful - Thank you, Dean

Sorry about your health issues. Hope you are feeling better. I have more boards, just send me a PM with your PayPal address, number of board you need and country to ship to. Cost is $28ea and shipping is $5 in US, $12 Can, $15 everywhere else.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Another option for a power supply for this amp if one wanted to use a linear supply would be the new Mark Johnson/Gtose cap multiplier. Beautiful layout by Prasi. This cap mx board has advantage that there is a pot to adjust dropout voltage from 1.3v and up to about 2-3v. So one could set perfectly balanced upper and lower rails at +/-18v.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pow...sy-capacitance-multiplier-55.html#post5566935

708009d1538921915-jumas-easy-peasy-capacitance-multiplier-mjohnson-cap-mx-build-01-jpg

finally ordered the parts for the amp ! got the meanwell power converter instead, for anyone thinking about getting it - its much larger and no way of fitting on the pcb

X:
with heatsinking of the mosfets, would the same ones you used for the power regs be fine? or does it need something beefier ? (I seem to remember you hooking it up to a pretty big heatsink with CPU fans...or was that another thread?)
heatsink on power regs as in this post - https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/gro...led-class-hpa-sub-ppm-thd-24.html#post5534747

Input resistors

Hi
What is the purpose of having a 2K2 resistor and a 100R resistor at the input?
Can I short one out eg the 100 R or am I missing something?
I’m asking because I’m trying to cut down the number of components on the input side.

PS do you need a regulator with the cap multiplier above?

Last edited: