• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Simple High Performance DC Coupled Class A HPA with sub PPM THD

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have assembled the Xfeed, the CLC, and the Volume pot boards. I am missing some switches which need to be ordered still. In building this, I see that JPS64 added some header pins that appear to let the user select either AC coupled or bypass with DC coupling on input. This was after I hard wired a jumper where the input cap was.

The PCBs are easy to solder but due to 2oz copper and thick 2mm board - you need a fat chisel tip to apply enough heat to flow the Pb-based solder. For SMT I used Pb-free paste and it melts at a low 155C so easy to solder with hot air gun or hot plate, or iron and regular solder if you want.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Getting closer to a full functioning amp. Just need to install Pchannel MOSFETs and mount on heatsink. Makle a bunch of JST connectors to hook it all up. I may hardwire jumper some switches just to get verification build done.

Just want to thank Jwarch for working out the BOM for me to use - mostly correct. I am keeping a list of things that need updating and will get to you.

Also thanks to Badoygolf16v for looking into the LDOVR.com voltage regulators as a group buy or discount.

However, I just saw these ones from China on ebay and they cost less and have a pot for adjustability.

TPS7A3301 Ultralow-noise LDO Regulator -3V~ -33V Max 1A Replace LM337/7905/7912 699926319329 | eBay

TPS7A4701 Low Noise RF LDO Regulator Power Supply Module 1.5V-34V 3.3V 5V 12V 1A 699923682709 | eBay

I will order a pair and test out.

Attachments

• SHPA-Build-System-parts-01.jpg
    SHPA-Build-System-parts-01.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 506
  • SHPA-Build-System-Xfeed-02.jpg
    SHPA-Build-System-Xfeed-02.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
2mm with ENIG finish just screams quality. Going back to anything less is tough now

I can attest that I de-soldered 8 times and only pulled off one isolated pad - not connected to anything) and it was because I was rushing it. You can see how much work it took to find the diode polarity error on the silk (Eagle library problem - not JPS64's fault).

But the 2mm FRP and 2oz Cu with ENIG really holds up to abuse with a fat chisel tip 60w iron and gorilla handling. :)

I agree it is tough to go back to 1.6mm and 1oz HASL :p