Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling & for soundcard end users
GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling & for soundcard end users
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2019, 04:40 AM   #581
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

If I don't need these new features now will they be included in updates or should I download them?
Is there a platform that supports the Bode plots across a wider frequency range like the Digilent analog discovery that works with your software?
Old 21st January 2019, 02:49 PM   #582
VIRTINS is offline VIRTINS  Singapore
diyAudio Member

This Bode plot measurement device test plan using RTX6001 will be included in the next release. The method here is generic but the sampling rate, sampling duration and FFT size in the PSF files, and the autoranging criteria (step up when the measured peak level > -0.01dBFS, step down when the measured peak level < -13dBFS) in the device test plan is specific to RTX6001. RTX6001's input ranges are 10dB apart, so the autoranging is programmed based on that. Any hardware that is supported by MI can be used for this type of Bode plot measurement. Thanks to the autoranging function, the hardware does not have to have a big dynamic range at any single input range.

NI DAQmx cards are supported in MI, but Digilent analog discovery does not seem to use NI DAQmx. So it is not supported by MI for the time being.
Old 21st January 2019, 05:18 PM   #583
lemon is offline lemon  Greece
diyAudio Member

Wonderful Virtins,
Just I tried the new test...I have the following message.
Do you used the XLR generator output against SE?
Attached Images
File Type: png trouble.png (98.6 KB, 112 views)
Old 21st January 2019, 05:59 PM   #584
diyAudio Member

1) I try this with XLR output and works without error but I see at the three .psf files that the ADC A/B Coupling Type is a DC and not AC, is that right?

2) The previous testing that I had was with SE output, if the new test is with XLR, please clarify the connection.
Hot -> via capacitor to Vin
Cold -> ?
GND -> ?
Old 21st January 2019, 08:24 PM   #585
VIRTINS is offline VIRTINS  Singapore
diyAudio Member

GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling &amp; for soundcard end users
The error message "Value should be within 0~7.07V" implies that [Setting]>[DAC Device]>”Differential” has been unticked so it does not allow an output amplitude of 10 VAC. For single-ended connection, change the “10”V to “7”V in Step 4. The easiest way to change it is through Windows Notepad. Here is the updated device test plan. It works for both differential and single-ended connections.

Yes, you are right, thanks. In the PSF files, "DC" should be changed to "AC". They have been corrected in the attached files as well.

Single-ended Connection:
RTX6001 GND -> PSU GND
RTX6001 output hot -> via capacitor to PSU Vin
RTX6001 output cold -> Not connected
RTX6001 input hot -> PSU Vin or Vout
RTX6001 input cold -> PSU GND

Differential Connection (Prerequisite: either RTX6001 or PSU is isolated from the mains PE, so there is no direct connection between RTX6001 GND and PSU GND):

RTX6001 GND -> Not connected
RTX6001 output hot -> via capacitor to PSU Vin
RTX6001 output cold -> PSU GND
RTX6001 input hot -> PSU Vin or Vout
RTX6001 input cold -> PSU GND
Attached Files
File Type: zip BodePlotFrequencySteppedSine_RTX6001_V2.zip (4.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 22nd January 2019, 05:13 PM   #586
diyAudio Member

Virtins, thank you very much!
I will give you more feedback in a two days...
Old 13th February 2019, 09:17 AM   #587
diyAudio Member

Hi Virtins,
My apologize for the big feedback delay, but a serious health problem kept me a long away from my hobiy.
Here I am now and I tried the new PSRR Measurement on a specific LT3042 layout board.
In fact, your test works really good with automation and there is a little difference vs the manual plot testing with sine on Specific Frequencies.
For the manual measurement, I took the difference of the two input ADC (see the attachment file).

My congrats for this new test!
Attached Images
File Type: png LT3042 PSRR Dim.png (25.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: png LT3042 PSRR Dim manual.png (26.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: png MI Capture.png (100.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: png MI Capture zoom.png (19.3 KB, 49 views)
Old 13th February 2019, 02:02 PM   #588
diyAudio Member

The test here is with LT3042 again, but with a different input pcb layout than previous test.
The auto measurement has a difference (specially to the mid frequencies) vs manual measurement on specific frequencies and manually attenuation of ADC and DAC Output.
The method of manual measurement here is the identical with those of the previous message.
Attached Images
File Type: png PSRR auto MI Pro measurement.png (28.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png PSRR manual measurement.png (20.2 KB, 14 views)
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #589
SSassen is offline SSassen  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I’m looking for a audio measurement suite much like Audio Analyzer for the Analog Discovery, and similar in setup and use (simple and straight forward) to compliment my RTX6001. Would MI Pro fit the bill?

GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling &amp; for soundcard end usersHide this!Advertise here!