• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Pioneer Super Linear Motherboard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
May 30th, 2018 Update
-Checked PCB Pool price, it is 1U$/square inch + fixed Shipping cost 25U$ (diffierent options are available, will choose the best one at time of ordering).
-So for this board, size 8.5'' x 6'' = 51 sq inches = 51U$ each + (shipping cost+custon fees at my end/nb of pcb) + 3% Paypal fee +5$ handling and packaging + shipping cost back to you...

That won't be cheap. Please make sure you still want it, and your quantities...

I'll should place the order within the next 2 weeks...
Thanks
SB

Using this manufacturer instant quote calculator I got 44.47$ each, blue color increase cost by 9$ per board... Only way to save even more is to use a one side board, as I did for my own prototype, then cost is 40.25$ ea. I don't know the cost of shipping... And I know that shipping from China to Canada is more expensive than to Europe...

Attachments

• PCB Quote.JPG
    PCB Quote.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Hi Algar,

I've seen others get estimates from "PCBShopper" in other threads here.
I just did a quick estimate of your board dimensions and specs and was seeing prices of about CAD $14/board for a batch of 20 boards from some of the PRC fab houses (e.g. SEEED), including shipping.
Not meaning to be a distraction, as you are kindly offering these boards at cost, but maybe that is worth a look?

-Keith-

I'll shop around for others shops, but I never tried low cost ones. If I ordered at low cost, I don't want to be blamed for low quality pcb. The one I always order from make great PCB, that the one I usually use, for the few times I order boards.

Just checked with SEED and got the price of 103U$ for 15, or 6.87U$ each! I may try it, I'll let you guys decide...

Last edited:
Hi,
I will be getting 2 sets of the slha boards -- Having a motherboard would of course be Very useful -- but as already said, cost (especially for us on this side of the pond) is a consideration, albeit a minor one compared with the advantages of the mother board

I did a quick search for reviews of SEEED -- quite a few (the youtube ones were sponsored, but the boards are there to be seen) - I did notice that one commenter posted a negative review on all the ones I found -- his issue seemed to be with an order for populated boards rather than bare-boards)
My own opinion - if materials used are to spec (which the reviewers seem to suggest) - the machines used are the same wherever they are in the world .

on the other hand, I can completely understand why one would be cautious of offering an article fabricated by an unknown company --- maybe a "show of hands" vote --- Or Decide yourself how YOU want to organize YOUR group buy.
Either way -- Thank You for your time and technical input in making this available.

Steve

Does anybody have experiences about the quality of the SEED? I must admit that the price is tempting but if the quality is poor then no. OTOH this board is quite simple to produce so is there any risk?:scratch:

I've used Seeed Studio many times, including some 4 layer boards, never had any problem with the PCBs they produced.

Actually I would consider Seeed a high end PCB vendor in China, there are much cheaper PCB houses in China that still produces quality boards, but they don't serve overseas markets.

YMMV :)

This is the sort of price one can get from PCB houses in China, and they're producing 8 layer boards used in computer motherboards.

FR4, 2 layer, 215mm x 150mm x 1.6mm, blue solder resist -> RMB185 (less than USD30) for 10 boards.

There are even cheaper ones than this around ;)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    43.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Thanks cwtim01 for your input. Indeed it is a very simple pcb, with large pads and traces. it is a very low risk to use a low cost Cie. I think we can give it a try and after cwtim01 comment, it seems we can trust SEEED. So is this list still valid? If yes I'll order 15 pcb.

Algar_emi - 1 board
arnd13 - 1 board
passive420 - 2 boards
Bvtrinh - 1 board
Morde - 2 boards
Arthur 2 boards
Hiker47 - 2 boards
hy2a3 - 1 board
ginum - 1 board

13 boards total

I was discussing with the team this morning to get you out of your agony by offering you the original XEN motherboard, just this once.
But I guess now we can sit back and let you do it.

Don't forget the PCB order is only a small part of the cost.
The postage and packing from Canada will, e.g., cost more.
These large boards need to be shipped in a box, so at least as 500g small packets.

Cheers,
Patrick

Yeah, I'm in! Thanks for making this possible.

Thanks cwtim01 for your input. Indeed it is a very simple pcb, with large pads and traces. it is a very low risk to use a low cost Cie. I think we can give it a try and after cwtim01 comment, it seems we can trust SEEED. So is this list still valid? If yes I'll order 15 pcb.

Algar_emi - 1 board
arnd13 - 1 board
passive420 - 2 boards
Bvtrinh - 1 board
Morde - 2 boards
Arthur 2 boards
Hiker47 - 2 boards
hy2a3 - 1 board
ginum - 1 board

13 boards total

I will be in as well for one board.
Algar, thanks very much for juggling this for our benefit.

Algar_emi - 1 board
arnd13 - 1 board
passive420 - 2 boards
Bvtrinh - 1 board
Morde - 2 boards
Arthur 2 boards
Hiker47 - 2 boards
hy2a3 - 1 board
ginum - 1 board
Johnny Canuck - 1 board

14 boards total

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.