• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Third GB - MAYA advanced R-2R logarithmic ladded

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

This third GB for MAYA advanced R-2R logarithmic ladder. Compared with last GB I have dropped prices by 30euro.

First group buy is documented here Interest check on Vicol Audio Maya R2R Volume controller
Second one is documented here Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller

What you'll get compared with last GB:
- your name on MAYA menu - please mention in the spreadsheet
- top quality, gold plated PCB
- better PCB layout
- enhanced power supply for 12 channels - 6 stereo
- OLED display - white, yellow, green or blue
- stand-by indicator - dot moving on the screen
- better R-2R management
- BLE support for Android and IOS
- more intuitive menu
- latest firmware version 1.7 both Maya and Maya for BPBP

MAYA for BPBP is sold without thermal sensors, power soft start and speaker protection. VoICB board for 2 input channels is included.

IOS application MAYA advanced preamplifier on the App Store
Android application MAYA advanced preamplifier - Apps on Google Play

Please note that all boards are hand made soldered.
Will keep list open for entire June and start shipping first orders also in June.
More detailed information about Maya is available at vicol audio : MAYA - world best stepped volume attenuator

Please register here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...8LCgoa5Lb6z94TKbopFC7S6aw/edit#gid=1638000354 Prices are listed on the right side of the google spreasheet. Last GB day is 30.June.2018

Thank you !
Tibi

PS. Display colors are more vivid than in attached pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_4014.JPG
    IMG_4014.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,719
  • IMG_4012.JPG
    IMG_4012.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 1,677
  • IMG_4013.JPG
    IMG_4013.JPG
    422.6 KB · Views: 1,678
  • IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 1,639
  • IMG_4010.JPG
    IMG_4010.JPG
    369.8 KB · Views: 1,632
  • IMG_4016.JPG
    IMG_4016.JPG
    425.5 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_4020.JPG
    IMG_4020.JPG
    343.9 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_4017.JPG
    IMG_4017.JPG
    421 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_4018.JPG
    IMG_4018.JPG
    375.8 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
How do you order the BPBP and Hans versions?

Just put your name on the google spreadsheet.
Maya - Group Buy registration 2018 - Google Sheets
For example I have added your name. Than you need to mention what you need to have on display power on, instread Vicol Audio. For example "Koldby Amp".
Max 16 characters.
Also you need to mention display color.

Regards,
Tibi

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Individual channel trim will double the number of relays.
At this time Maya offer individual volume per input, not channel.

Regards,
Tibi

I should note that it doesn't require a doubling for active speakers. Imagine a 3 way setup with two each of woofer, mid and tweeter. The trim would be on on a pair of channels so one board for woofer, one for mid etc.

I can do the trim in DSP so it's not a deal breaker and will add one chunk of functionality I need. I will think this over.

Hi Tibi, Can I ask a few questions?

Can I still add a second line to my display text: LABFIVE // PREAMPLIFIER
So LABFIVE on the first row, PREAMPLIFIER on the second row. Can both be centered?
This custom text is gone when we install new general firmware in the future I suppose?

The Maya balanced is my main part of the preamp. I may or may not add a balanced line stage after Maya in this chassis, but I will not add a power amp in the same chassis. So, my idea is that I won't use the speakers relay/delay (and also not the softstart). I suppose the display will still show 'Connecting SPKrs' right? Is there a reason why I should use the speaker relays in my situation? The speaker relays are suitable to switch balanced output?

I suppose I can easily change your two buttons for 'on/off' and 'select' with a bulgin SPST-NO, right ? I want to have the on/off bulgin with blue led like my other equipment. Is there a place on the Maya controller/display board where I can get some power for this bulgin button led after turning on?

Do you possibly have a drawing in front panel express (FPE) of the oled display and the IR receiver ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Pieter,

Yes you can add one more 16 char line. Both can be centered.
Yes, this custom name is lost when new firmware will come. But at this time Maya is a mature product, we are working to produce documentation and improve mobile applications. I'm confident that you'll be happy with current firmware.
You can change in settings speakers delay to a very short time.
In case of tube preamp, you still may use speakers relays to disconnect output during power up. Same in case you have a preamplifier with high DC output.
Speaker relays are not suitable for balanced output.
Maya have two push buttons, one for power and for menu selection.
Bulgin SPST-NO is not good for this. You may use a nice push button for power with blue led.
You may use one speaker relay to get led light on power button. Or you may use Soft Start relay for same function.
I'm not familiar with front panel express, but a FreeCad front pannel is available at vicol audio : MAYA - world best stepped volume attenuator

https://www.vicol-audio.com/img/maya/Maya_front.FCStd
https://www.vicol-audio.com/docs/MayaFrontPanel.pdf

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.