• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #2; Fo-Felix EMI Filter for AC mains 120/230v; By Folsom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What size transformer and caps in the PSU?
Doesn't depend on the psu...
I have this hum even if there is nothing attached to the filters..
Today I used some car dampening on the case and it is not so loud anymore...
Next what I have to check if one of the coils has loose wire.... And will put some glue on it.
I too don't believe that there is an error in the design...
And the amp I use with the filter is a 125Asx2 from B&O...
Interesting is that if I switch a relay there with the 220v the noise gets louder....

A group buy for coilcraft CMC's would be great, the sample 'AL' versions do not fit the boards...unless the new batch boards can be modified with extra holes to fit the samples ;)

It is difficult and expensive to just get a couple direct from Coilcraft to the UK and cannot seem to find a distributor to EU.

These are good for my individual devices:

Q4007-A - 5A
P3717-A - 3A

Hmm, I have Rev1 and Rev2 boards, P3717-AL, Q4007-AL, and Q4018-AL coils and they all fit both pcb rev numbers. :scratch:

Well that is disappointing to hear, do I have different boards? Not sure what version these are - The text says 'R2'.. so rev 2 I think but they definitely do not fit, so something is up. Maybe I made a mistake...

Can I have your boards ;)

The boards fit the Bourns 17A perfectly but I wanted smaller amperage rating for certain devices.

Attachments

• IMG_1160.JPG
    IMG_1160.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_1161.JPG
    IMG_1161.JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 398
A group buy for coilcraft CMC's would be great, the sample 'AL' versions do not fit the boards...unless the new batch boards can be modified with extra holes to fit the samples ;)

It is difficult and expensive to just get a couple direct from Coilcraft to the UK and cannot seem to find a distributor to EU.

These are good for my individual devices:

Q4007-A - 5A
P3717-A - 3A

Check eBay pricing for sending COMOCOs. They may be much more friendly on shipping.

How can I check soldering iron temperature?

My inexpensive DMM has a small temperature probe that can be used to check temperatures up to 1400F, so the manual say's.

I tried using it on the end of a soldering tip, with my Hakko FX-888D set to 750F and I measured 509 degrees. That's a 241 degree difference.

I'm sure this is not an accurate way to check temperature but do you guy's think it is getting me at least close?

The photo shows 71.4 degrees setting at room temperature which is okay.

Attachments

• IMG_1100.JPG
    IMG_1100.JPG
    376.5 KB · Views: 345
Coilcraft on eBay

Check eBay pricing for sending COMOCOs. They may be much more friendly on shipping.

eBay seller motorsportsjs charges less for shipping and about $1 less for each of the 3A comocos.

I ordered 3 P3717-A. Each product is made with two E shaped ferrite core halves which are glued together. Upon arrival, I was very surprised that the cores were not properly aligned. All were off by about 0.5mm. But the worse one was off by 1mm, which is a lot for a 12mm thick core. This would result in much larger stray magnetic flux from what is expected to be a high quality (some say audiophile quality) common mode choke.

I suspect these products are seconds or somehow rejects and did not make it as primary stock at Coilcraft and hence are being sold "as is, without warranty" on eBay.

Had I known, I would have sprung for the extra dollar each and bought them from Coilcraft.

Attachments

• Coilcraft P3717-A from motorsportsjs on eBay.jpg
    Coilcraft P3717-A from motorsportsjs on eBay.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 432
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hmm...
I bought a few from the same seller and just checked them against a Q4018-AL purchased directly from CoilCraft.
There does seam to be a difference in alignment with all the P3717-A’s
I purchased from eBay.
The left is P3717A, right Q4018AL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 416
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.