• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #2; Fo-Felix EMI Filter for AC mains 120/230v; By Folsom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
100K should be fine for the discharge resistor?

I'm going to use what I have on hand, since I apparently forgot to order the 110k resistors.

I made up some nice cables as well, 14awg silver plated copper, stranded, teflon insulated.

I'll post some pics later of the finished cables and boards. The boards are nice and stout, simple, appropriately sized and well made.

Excited to get these in boxes and in front of some of my sources.

Damn fine work Jeremy!

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I received my boards today and already have one installed. This filter works very well! I would get noises/buzzing through my speakers when various LED recessed lights were on throughout my home. The Fo-Felix has almost eliminated the extra noise/buzzing :)

Thanks Destroyer OS!!

In my experience there are many scenarios when filtration on the stereo line is the only way to go.
I have all kinds of noises and twirks on my lines, and none is created by my own appliances. They all come from neighbours or outside my house. Some days its bad, some its not so bad, it all depends on what the neighbours like to do !
Friday night and Saturday daytime for example is terrible !! Always!

Jeremy,

I must emphasize here the quality of the PCB's. My jaw dropped when i opened the package, as the quality of the PCBs is the best i have seen. Kudos sir.

I have a question, you say no fuse is needed when using the Bourns 8120.
Should i place wire connection link instead of the fuse then ? How to make it "clean" ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.