• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Original 2SK170 / 2SJ74 GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IDSS = 3mA

even if it's real, this is the lowest Idss of GR grade. for the price of each item unmatched, I think the price is standard market rate and nothing special. I even get my matched 2SK170BL for only $3/pair

Hi gadut,

Yes, this is an old post of yours but I was hoping you can either still get matched 2SK170BL and can sell them to me ... or you can pass on the name of your supplier to me.

I am looking for matched 2SK170BLs, you see (for a phono stage which I make). :)

Alternatively, if 2SK170BLs are no longer available ... do you know what the product number is for the SMD equivalent?

Thanks,
Andy

See :
NJFETs for Source Follower Applications
Just use 2x 2SK209GR (Idss matched) to replace 1x 2SK170BL.

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick - but just have a question. You say "Just use 2x 2SK209GR (Idss matched) to replace 1x 2SK170BL":
* I already use pairs of 2SK170s - so do you mean I would now use 4x 2SK209GR instead?

It seems to me that it would be easier to use a pair of the SMD equivalent to 2SK170s, than 4x 2SK209s?

If so - do you happen to know what Tosh part no. the SMD equivalent (of the 2SK170) is?

Thanks,
Andy

>so do you mean I would now use 4x 2SK209GR instead?

Yes.

Thanks.

Can't understand why I would need to use 2 of them, though (for each 2SK170-BL)?

> do you happen to know what Tosh part no. the SMD equivalent (of the 2SK170) is?

There is none.
2SK209 is all there is, before they become obsolete as well, sooner or later.

Patrick

As these are SMD devices ... why do you say these will become obsolete? (I thought SMD devices were the way of the future - given thru-hole has disappeared, due to robot PCB-stuffing? :) )

I was told there's also the (SMD) 2SK208GR - which has, compared to the 2SK209, a:
* lower noise figure (typically 0.5dB, rather than 1dB), and
* lower input capacitance (typically 8.2pF instead of 13pF).

I'm not suggesting the 2SK208 because I have any knowledge at all as to what is best for me to use in place of the 2SK170s I've been using - simply that a helpful fellow at Element14 told me it was the replacement for a 2SK170!

Regards,
Andy

simply that a helpful fellow at Element14 told me it was the replacement for a 2SK170!

Probably because that's all they had. If you read the DS the SK209 is intended for one of the last viable large quantity sockets, electret or condenser microphones. Since MEMS mics are sort of stuck at voice quality, the foreseeable future should have a demand for these smaller JFET's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.