• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas SSLV1.3 Ultra-BIB

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi teabag.

I am to order the R1 resistors to set the CCmA. What type and model of resistors would you recommend please? Would it be fine to use the same Panasonic 5% 350ppm found at the "Rf" in the minikits? I am to use a 3 and 3.3 ohm resistor in 2w config...

Reagrds

The panasonics are excellent quality resistors.
The only downside is their higher Tempco PPM may cause a little absolute value drift. A Wirewound, and I prefer non-inductive ones or the CPF2 may present less PPM, but I doubt would have a huge impact on SQ. However I may be wrong, I have not tested brands here for that. Others may have.

DDDAC Sounding Better Than Ever!

Because the parts kits have only one of the required resistors I had to purchase the other resistors from Mouser. The only brand I could find with a wide assortment of values at 50ppm was TE Connectivity which are low noise, rated at 600mw, cost about $0.15 each, and are small enough for the spacing on the boards - plus they look great and sound great!

I replaced Salas version 1.1 BiB 8V and +/-12V boards in my DDDAC with these new boards. The immediate impression is a tighter sound which more effortlessly floats out from the speakers. To borrow a word used by other reviewers is that the sound is more natural. Highly recommended!

Attachments

• TE Conductivity.jpg
    TE Conductivity.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 317