• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas SSLV1.3 Ultra-BIB

Anyone who needs a to operaate as a 5V reg, and so therefore a J3 of < 7.5ma let me know. I have some selected PF5102 for this effort. Please add to the notes section of the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Thanks for making that happen for me! I grabbed enough Ultra-BIB's to upgrade all the shunt-regs in my Red Baron DAC project. This should really make it sweet!

Aguaazul

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Quick question regarding R1. have you the formula for calculating the value please?

Here is some words on it from Salas.

"Lets try some numbers:

Say for typical R1 values you use 2.2R in the positive and 3.9R in the negative. The formula* is CCSmA=600/R1. Thus 600/2.2=272mA & 600/3.9=154mA.

You said the Soekris current load spec is 180mA for the positive & 60mA for the negative. Because spare current in the reg is CCS-load then 272-180=92mA & 154-60=94mA. Balanced spare current on both rails is achieved, both M2s will dissipate the same. Zo and other characteristics will also be given a chance to be nearer in both sections.

The drawn current total should be CCSpos+CCSneg=272+154=426mA i.e. a very near total to my 200+200=400mA 7.6W pulling as measured test build. Should indeed be around 8W when set for Soekris because of the +26mA total in the described setting than the measured example's.

*When looking for R1 numbers through a CCS setting target the formula can be turned into R1=600/CCSmA. Say you go for 150mA setting, then 600/150=4R so 3.9R is the nearest. Its the one I just used for setting the UltraBiB's negative section current limit in the Soekris example."