• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Fo-Felix EMI Filter for AC mains 120/230v; By Folsom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Boards arrived and stuffed

Hi Guys:

I'm assuming people are getting their boards and working on them. Mine went together just fine, but I did have one 'gothcha' when I didn't look at the shape of the fuse clips.

These have a distinct 'left and right' orientation, as the split end of an individual clip goes on the outside relative to placing the fuse. I didn't notice this until after I soldered them in. And, of course, of my 3 boards, all three had a least one of the oriented wrong :irked:

I ended up just compressing the split part of the clip so the fuse would fit, instead of re-soldering them. They still fit plenty tight, just wish I had noticed it before.

Will hopefully get them in a case later this week or this weekend. I haven't hooked them up until then.

Anyway, here are mine...

limits

Attachments

• IMG_1974[1].jpg
    IMG_1974[1].jpg
    907.8 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1977[1].jpg
    IMG_1977[1].jpg
    780.4 KB · Views: 568
Thanks! I hope to compare them to the original Felix within the next week. I removed the caps after the CMC on both of my originals--definitely didn't notice any degradation post-removal, that's for sure. Nice design Destroyer OS--very compact, too!!

One could definitely include the FO-Felix board within a component case, for sure. I am going a different direction with mine, but the size makes that easily done.

limits

I have a question about using the filter's. Something I've been wondering about since the original Felix.

Weather I'm installing a single Fo-Felix inside each of my components, or building an external enclosure with several Fo-Felix, should
a DC Blocker circuit be added prior to the Felix(s)?

Basically I'm just trying to figure out if it's necessary or not.
Thanks for any opinions.

Last edited:
I have a question about using the filter's. Something I've been wondering about since the original Felix.

Weather I'm installing a single Fo-Felix inside each of my components, or building an external enclosure with several Fo-Felix, should
a DC Blocker circuit be added prior to the Felix(s)?

Basically I'm just trying to figure out if it's necessary or not.
Thanks for any opinions.

Before or after is fine.

If you had a ton of Fo-Felix's after a DC blocker the DC blocker might get warm.

Request to Destroyer OS for Invoice/3 more sets

Hi Everybody:

I got a Fo-Felix up and running yesterday mid-day, and let it run (music playing through it) until I had a chance to listen to it last night.

The subject pretty much says what I think about it :yikes::D:D:p

Guys--get 'em while you can, but my easy prediction is that once people get these running, Destroyer OS is going to have to print more of these :D

3 more, please and thank you.

limits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.