• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

Hi vit123 - - - and Everyone else- has anyone heard from hiddenpilot = Alexey lately or does anyone have a way to get in touch with him? I paid my $ 270.00 almost 3 months ago, and I am very worried ... it looks like hiddenpilot- Alexey took my money and disappeared. I was a little hesitant to send that much money to Russia - but there was no indication that there might be a problem.... others received their Boards and vit seemed like a really great guy - so all seemed fine but - I have sent messages 3 times and each time Alexey has responded and said he would mail it out in a day or two - But nothing has ever happened and no tracking number was ever sent as Alexey had promised. But we are coming up on 3 on three months ... and I only hope this is just a big mix up - or he is just really busy or something. 270.00 dollars is a lot of money to me - so I am hoping vit or someone is able to talk to Alexey - hiddenpilot for me . Best Regards , Dean Halleck

Hi Dean,
I've just talked with Alexey about your shipment. He will check everything and give you feedback.
Alexey is an honest person, I am sure that it is a misunderstanding or his mistake.
Sorry for this situation.
Please keep me informed, of course i will help.

I suggest post all info here (not in PM), so the situation will be clear for all interested parties.

Hello Dean,

I'am so sorry for this situation. Indeed, I've not sent your DSC, due to the high working load.
Once again I bring my apologies for this.
I will compensate you for $50 for lost time.

I've sent you PM with additional info, please check.

Best Regards, Alexey Galkin

Last edited:
I am hoping vit or someone is able to talk to Alexey - hiddenpilot for me . Best Regards , Dean Halleck
Hi, Dean,

I sent you a link to the PM, there is a photos with your order kit and the delivery address form. Please check your order kit and shipping address. If all is well please confirm it. I will immediately send you the order after your confirmation.

Thank you,
Alexey Galkin.

As Pavel announced new version of DSC with onboard reclocker, he gave me his own image of Botic for testing...

Main features:
1. 4.9.199-rt kernel with Miero Botic driver. NAA preinstalled.
2. Root file system from RAM.
3. Only the most necessary is left, everything else removed. SSH is temporary available (root:root). As only NAA installed, HQP must be used as player.

I must say that it is much better than my own build. :) As agreed with Pavel, the image is available for testing (see README.txt included in zip for HOWTO)
botic_naa(ppy) v1.zip - Google Drive

Today I was laid up so spent some time on my DSC project and tried to install Pavel's stripped-down botic software but I must be doing something wrong as I couldn't get it to boot.

The BBB is currently running Vit's version of botic and all seems well; I'm currently running just the BBB with nothing plugged into it.

I set the microSD card up with a FAT32 primary partition and unzipped the contents of the download onto it. Here's a listing of what's on the uSD;

2ngWZCb.jpg
RoQkEUk.jpg

Following the README instructions, I edited the network config with my home network addressing.

I inserted the uSD into the BBB slot, held down S2 and applied power. The power LED lit but nothing else happened.

Any ideas of where I've gone wrong?

Last edited:

Attachments

• SD.jpg
    SD.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 789
  • minitool.jpg
    minitool.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 760
Maximum input voltage for LDO

It has been awhile since I purchased my kit. At that time I had access to the PDF manual, but now permission is required and I haven't heard back from Alexi. Can someone tell me what the maximum allowable input voltage the LDOs can dissipate safely?

Hi,

I have a BBB connected to a Twisted Pear Hermes+Chronus combo. Right now it is connected to a Buffalo III ES9018 dac. The BBB is running botic and everything works fine running squeezelite.

I have bought a DSC 2.5.2 which I'd like to use instead of the Buffalo. Can anybody point me in the right direction of what I need to do to end up with a working NAAplayer on the BBB? I have tried to follow the instructions for Ian's McFifo installing the davinci kernel on an SD card. But I do not seem to be able to ssh into the BBB anymore (in fact I don't think it boots properly from the SD cared) and hence cannot really figure out what goes on?

Many thanks in advance.
Giulio

Hi,

I am sorry if this is out of place, but I am looking to buy a DSC kit if anyone has one laying around. Either finished project with Amanero or BBB or a unfinished kit but with all components included. I have been trying to get hold of some of the people who posted on here that they were selling, but no replies so far. Hopefully someone can help me out

Throw a PM my way if you can help.