• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

Finally I managed to get rid of pop at the beginning of the album when using BBB+McFIFO+McDualXO.
It's only needed to add some delay in snd_soc_davinci_mcasp.amanero_mute_delay. I use 500 (msec).
Options to apply settings:
1. add snd_soc_davinci_mcasp.amanero_mute_delay=500 (my settings) in uEnv.txt and reboot.
2. echo 500 > /sys/module/snd_soc_davinci_mcasp/parameters/amanero_mute_delay. For online chaging, valid till reboot.
Updated HOWTO:
HOWTO - BBB+McFIFO.pdf - Google Drive

I see JL Sounds has a new version of their I2SoverUSB board available and it now claims to match Amanero by offering DSD512 (in addition to its onboard isolation and rclocking, which already set it apart from Amanero). Looks like another interesting option for getting DSD data to a DSC2 board.

I2SoverUSB - I2S over USB Audio

Will be interesting to see how it works out in practice.

This looks interesting I had earlier version JLSounds board and it was very high quality build. I later moved to DIYinHK to take advantage of higher same rates (DSD512).

The only reason to upgrade from latest DIYinHK isolated board to JLSounds right now is to take advantage of mute pin on JLSounds. But if I read specs correctly, the logic for mute pin on JLSounds is opposite to DSC2.5.

JLSounds mute pin - low = audio data stream not valid. Mute pin - high = audio data stream valid.

DSC2.5. Mute pin - low = audio enabled. Mute pin - high = audio muted.

So if I read this correctly the 2 boards are not compatible, at least if the mute pins are connected. Have I got this right?

Hi Alexey, -- I really apologize -- I haven't been around for awhile. I have been in the middle of a medical Drama - three Emergency room trips, three different hospital stays , and two surgery's later, i am praying it's all behind me : )
I sent you the $270.00 on August 20th by PayPal as you requested,...but don't know if you tried to contact me since then or not = ) ........ i sent you a PM a couple of days ago - I hope all is well - have you sent the boards yet?
Thank you , Best Regards , Dean