• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

This spec sheet is the old 400. The P400 has 256 CUDA cores and I believe 3x DP, but since it is a real Xeon server, I’m not connecting any display on it.

Do

I meant DP for double precision, there is no such performance data for P400 so probably 1/32 of the SP.
IMHO you need the FP64 function to assist the HQplayer cuda offload.

By the way there are still some Tesla K20X left on the bay, $150 only.

Last edited:
I meant DP for double precision, there is no such performance data for P400 so probably 1/32 of the SP.
IMHO you need the FP64 function to assist the HQplayer cuda offload.

By the way there are still some Tesla K20X left on the bay, $150 only.

They require CUDA compute level 3+ for their software. The P400 has level 6 but I’ll look into the K20x

Thanks
Do

My DSC is coming soon. I have a question, would like to feed it with DSD256, but I only am able to connect it via USB from my Mac Mini. As far as I could see, Amanero and Mac only can do DSD128. Is there an other solution other than buying Windows PC? Or isn't there much SQ difference between PCM upsampled to 128 or 256?

Thanks,

Mark.

Thanks Vit, I own a Allo Usbridge, that should also work, isn't it? Sorry for my questions, but I never have used the Allo... So with such device I connect to Amanero via USB? Isn't there a device which can connect via I2s directly with DCS, or do you miss the mute function in this situation?

Heard many good reviews about Allo Usbridge. It should work:
1. Install DietPi on Allo Sparky.
2. Login to Sparky and run software configuration utility.
3. Install NAA.
4. Connect Amanero to Usbridge.
5. Start HQP on your Mac. HQP-Settings - choose NAA and Amanero.
That's all. :)

As I know DSD Native through I2S is not supported in Sparky/USBBridge. So you can't connect it to DSC directly.

Heard many good reviews about Allo Usbridge. It should work:
1. Install DietPi on Allo Sparky.
2. Login to Sparky and run software configuration utility.
3. Install NAA.
4. Connect Amanero to Usbridge.
5. Start HQP on your Mac. HQP-Settings - choose NAA and Amanero.
That's all. :)

As I know DSD Native through I2S is not supported in Sparky/USBBridge. So you can't connect it to DSC directly.

Another device you know of which can connect via LAN with my Roon server and can output I2S to the DSC? I have a Metrum Ambre on order, but I don't think it will do DSD Native at all…. I will use it with my other DAC, the Metrum Jade via I2S.

Thanks,

Mark.

Also, Sonore Rendu devices are easily capable of being the endpoint for DSD up to 512, via either Audirvana, Roon, or HQPlayer via Ethernet. These will also outperform general commercial computer products (lower noise signature and better signal integrity on the USB output).

Also, Sonore Rendu devices are easily capable of being the endpoint for DSD up to 512, via either Audirvana, Roon, or HQPlayer via Ethernet. These will also outperform general commercial computer products (lower noise signature and better signal integrity on the USB output).

Barrows, I had been using microRendu for more then a year with 4 different DAC and LPS HDPLEX 100W. Tried Intona Galvanic Isolator, iFi Purifier 2, iFi Purufier 1, W4S RUR with mRendu (sometimes with great subjective improvements). And finally sold mRendu 4 months ago. :)
It's a great device indeed.

But there is a big price difference between mRendu/uRendu and Odroid/BeagleBone Black/RPI (~650USD vs ~50USD). And not big difference between them in sound quality when using USB (BBB is capable only up to DSD128 when using USB, RPI worser then Odroid and m/uRendu).
BBB + reclocker is simply the best option with a comparable cost (~ 500USD). It's only my subject opinion, I do not claim for absolute truth.

A significant plus of mRendu/uRendu - it's very easy to use. I fully understand those who decided to buy this device.

Last edited:
VIT, I find big differences in sound quality, but the microRendu's performance is dependent on the power supply used. I would suggest for DIYers the best way to go would be to purchase a used microRendu at significant savings, and then DIY a killer supply for it.
Best supply would be ~7-8VDC out with >1A capability, using a large amount of filter capacitance (cannot be too much) and a really low noise/low impedance regulator.
I have not looked, but I would suspect there would be many microRendu on the used market (due to folks upgrading to the even more expensive and higher performance ultraRendu and Signature Rendu).
But, i totally understand that there are more affordable solutions!

Vit, I'm following your pdf guide for setting up BBB as HQplayer renderer and so far I've managed to transfer image to emmc and as I don't have McFIFO/McDualXO but Cronus/Hermes combo there I have a problem with mute pin. In optargs in your guide there is a mention of snd_soc_davinci_mcasp.amanero_mute_pins=4 but under parameters in /sys/module/snd_soc_davinci_mcasp/parameters is only mute_pin with content -1?
HQplayer can see botic on BBB and can play, altough I didn't yet connected I2S lines to DSC DAC, maybe during weekend. I presume dai_format=17409 I should keep as dac is using inverted BCLK and LRCK for DSD. Hermes receives /2 frequencies from crystek (44 and 49 MHz) so I wonder should I change clk44k1 and 48k to default value or change jumper on cronus to not divide clock by 2?
Regards, Milan

Milan,
what do you see as a result of ls /sys/module/snd_soc_davinci_mcasp/parameters/?
It should be amanero_mute_delay amanero_mute_pins.

If no, you forgot to install driver update from luchoh:
wget https://github.com/luchoh/botic-dev/releases/download/mute-v48/davinci.zip
unzip davinci.zip -d botic-driver
cd botic-driver && ./install-davinci.sh

Then just check that MUTE pin is working - it should be LOW while playing, HIGH when stop or pause.

About divider - I think DSD512 will work at Hermes/Cronus with both options (with 2x divider and w/o divider). If you decide to set 2x, so change botic snd_soc to:
snd_soc_botic.clk_44k1= 22579200
snd_soc_botic.clk_48k= 24576000

If you'll hear the difference in sound quality between 1x and 2x dividers, pls let me know, I'll try too.
As I remember, luchoh wrote that prefer x2 divider setting. I somehow forgot about it, call in mind only after your question :).
Personally, I havn't try different divider options.

Last edited: