Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

EU: Router circle jig 56mm-420mm in 1mm step
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2018, 08:45 PM   #71
silasmellor is offline silasmellor  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Jig received, looking good! Will report back when i've had a chance to try it out.
Old 16th June 2018, 09:39 AM   #72
Mario Pankov is offline Mario Pankov  Europe
diyAudio Member

Lol, that`s been quick, please do share your feedback. If all is fine, I will post the files on here should anyone want to make his own.
Old 16th June 2018, 02:16 PM   #73
Nisbeth is offline Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Got mine yesterday as well, but probably won't be able to test it until later.

Two questions for you Mario:

- How do you read the scales (just to be sure I understand it)
- Any ideas where to get a proper handle that fits in the "aux handle" hole?
Old 16th June 2018, 04:08 PM   #74
diyAudio Member

Hi, good questions.

The scales in the middle show the radius for a 16mm bit. If you use an 8mm bit, you have to subtract 16-8=8mm, so on a 8mm bit the 100 scale will actually be 92mm. The two sides from the center hole scales are 1mm and 0.5mm resp. That means the radius to the left where it says 1mm is reduced by 1mm for every consecutive hole. So, 100 - 99 - 98 ... 9N (so diameter changes by 2mm for each step). The 0.5mm solves the problem so they go to the right as following 100mm - 99.5mm - 98.5mm ... 9N.5mm, hence the even diameter numbers go to the left and the odd diameters go to the right. Every step is 2mm on both sides, just the left is even (so d= 200 (center), 198, 196...19N) and the right is odd (so d=200 (center), 199, 197, 195...19K).

The handle is any standard plastic handle (spherical ones work best) M12 bolt. I have threaded all, including the spare 4mm leading pieces holes (so you can keep them on the jig, I always lose them around in the mess whe nI build something). To make it work best, you may add a nut first which can then be tighted against the jig to provide counterforce and keep the handle away of unwinding when you rotate the router to cut the hole. See this one for example: https://www.kipp.com/gb/en/Products/...cal-knobs.html Such handles are easily available from shops specialized in selling bolts/screws amd are cheap, EUR2-3 each.

The handle I added as optional. The reason was that in some rare cases I would need to push the jig so it doesn`t lift off from one side. So I put this to add either a knob or a ounterweight. Gives more control but has a drawback - the cable of the router may become entangled into it and that would be annoying.

More to this, if you`re using like a 1000-1200W router, you might operate it with one hand but I wouldn`t recommend doing it. On more powerful routers just avoid using it and keep your hands on the router, a few months ago I routed a piece of hardwood with a 2kW router and on one occasion it pulled me like a toy, so be carefull if using this with a more powerful tool. I would really abstain of using the handle unless the job really requires it (sometimes I does, unfortunately).

As noted in one of the first posts, the jig will cut slightly larger diameters than the radius shown on it, by 0.5mm in diameter larger. Reason is tollerance is loudspeaker basket design. It should enhance fitting and will reduce any andpaper grinding required. That said, when you do a 200mm diameter, it should really be 200.5mm.

Last edited by Mario Pankov; 16th June 2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 18th June 2018, 02:06 PM   #75
heinz1964 is offline heinz1964  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hi Mario

Did not receive mine yet.

Do you have any track and trace number?

Which company did you use for the delivery?

best regards

uwe
Old 24th June 2018, 11:30 AM   #76
diyAudio Member

Default Jig received

Hello Mario

Jig Received.

Delivery guy drop it of in the wrong mailbox.

best regards

Uwe
Old 24th June 2018, 12:11 PM   #77
chris661 is offline chris661  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

Rather late to the party, but is there any chance of getting one of these?
Let me know price and who to send it to.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 25th June 2018, 06:23 AM   #78
diyAudio Member

Uwe, I just sent you a PM and now see you`ve got it...

Can anyone confirm it fits well the Bosch series of routers? I had to transfer their base manually and would appreciate any input if it fits as required.

Chris, I have none left as this was a one off. However, I was asked by others for more jigs and I sent them the files. Would that work for you?

The jig required its 12 o`clock hole to be moved to the left and down, when it was perfectly symmetrical it didn`t fit the DW625 base. I got edition 5 of the router. There is a possibility that the casting is not precise enough but it could also be on purpose - mentioning all this to keep it in mind. Before to proceed, I would suggest to print the .pdf file which is a real size export of it, punch the holes and see if it fits your tool

I will post them on here anyways for download but want a confirmation that the jig fits well with the Bosch base.
Old 8th July 2018, 01:02 PM   #79
diyAudio Member

Hi Mario

Sorry to say but the jig does not fint My Bosch 1400.

Also the numbers on the sale are approximately 20 mm off.

Best regards
Uwe
Old 8th July 2018, 05:02 PM   #80
diyAudio Member

I don`t understand, one of the recipients told me in a PM that it fits ok. I have attached the base of the POF1400 put against the jig below?

Are you mounting it using the screws that hold the plastic base plate (5 screws, 3 are used to mount it) or are you using the other 3 holes on the router base (these are for table mount)?
Attached Images
File Type: png Basetotemplate.png (119.6 KB, 49 views)

EU: Router circle jig 56mm-420mm in 1mm stepHide this!Advertise here!