• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EU: Router circle jig 56mm-420mm in 1mm step

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally got to using it (yes, months after these were produced). It does cut accurate, made some photos if anyone is interested and works really good. I`m glad we settled on 4mm and its that wide, provides a stable base for the router good enough to keep it one handed. So, some notes:

- the chamfers on the holes for the three screws where the bases of DeWalt routers mount proved insufficient so screwhead did not sink enough. I had to drill them with a 13mm bit to widen/deepen the chamfer. Funny, as the chamfer bit was for 5mm screws.
- the handle might be obsolete
- routing plywood (glued together sheets with PVA adhesive) made the router pile the dust in the jig. I am not sure if this is due to the plywood as when I routed cut offs, dust would not come out of the bit cutout and felt warm and sticky. Maybe an extraction system will be essential. I did several tries on MDF and it did look good there.

One person (heinz1964) confirmed it fits after we exchanged a few messages but I felt like he needed to do some light modification. I would be interested to hear what others have to say on how it turned on the POF family of routers and if all fine, can release the design files here for anyone that wants to build his own locally.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.