Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

EU: Router circle jig 56mm-420mm in 1mm step
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd March 2018, 07:21 PM   #21
Mario Pankov is offline Mario Pankov  Europe
diyAudio Member

Ok, today after work I tried to scale Nisbeth`s file but it didn`t seem right. This will innevitably lead to mistakes which may render the unit unusable.

So, I went to the local Bauhaus and copied the base of one of these. This base is different from mine and the jig will have to mount using the screws that hold the plastic plate lid. I copied three of these (the POF1200 I found locally had 5 screws in total, the one on the pic appears to have 3 only) and the center ring so will add them to the file.

Just in case, if anyone has the ability to scan his plastic guard 1:1 on a A4 bed, that will make my job even easier.

I will be adding the POF1200 to the file tomorrow morning before work.

Cheers,
Mario
Attached Images
File Type: jpg POF1200.jpg (68.1 KB, 291 views)
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:05 PM   #22
raelman is offline raelman  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hello Mario.
My router is “PAEKSIDE” from Lidl. It’s suposwd to have a standard base.
Do you have any pattern that I could print to check it fits well
Old 23rd March 2018, 05:09 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Only the published one, I checked it and it doesn`t fit one of the screws on my DW625 by less than 1mm (fixed now) but I am pleased that the radius holes are absolutely accurate. The POF1200 is different of mine. It had three holes that looked like mine but are not - not even a single one match and they have no threads, I don`t think they`re for table/jig mount. Problem is they`re not intended for table use as most can`t spin larger diameter bits anyways, like large roundeover bits of 25.4mm radius or more and are thus not pre-threaded. My old router was a Skil 1830 and had a different base layout to any other router...Thats why I ask for a 1:1 real size scan on A4 of the base of what people here have. Otherwise, I may produce it in a POF1200/DW625/MOF177/T11 variant and then everyone, using a piece of rice paper - you can copy your base and drill the jig the way you want it.

Last edited by Mario Pankov; 23rd March 2018 at 05:20 AM.
Old 26th March 2018, 06:04 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Unfortunately, the jig doesnt fit my router.
I have to look for another option.

-1 in this GB
Thanks for your job Mario
Old 27th March 2018, 06:47 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

No problem. I have added the POF1200 base, taken from the copy I made locally. I will print it tomorrow to check if it fits the copy and have requested pricing. If anyone is curious to check on your own router - I have attached a real size PDF. There is a dot in the center of the opening circle which denotes the center of the router bit.The Bosch attaches to the three small holes, these are 2mm each in diameter. I do not know the diameter of the screws it uses (probably 4mm) so these may need to be drilled to expand or better - threaded. Drilling them should be an easy job for any diy-er but if someone wants to measure the diameter of one - I can extend the holes from now on.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Router_jig.pdf (373.2 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by Mario Pankov; 27th March 2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 29th March 2018, 06:16 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

POF1200 Base copy seems ot match perfectly the jig so no changes required. I am expecting two more quotes from manufacturing facilities and will then open the contributions window.
Old 2nd April 2018, 06:53 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Ok. I have pricing and a company that will do it. Details:

- material chosen: aluminium 5083 (strong, very corrosion resistant, can be anodized)
- thickness: 4mm
- time to produce these: around 2 weeks - CNC machining would need about a week or so and anodizing another week. Besides, this weekend is Easter here so Friday and Monday are holidays.
- jig should fit: DeWalt DW625/621; ELU MOF177; Trend T11; Bosch POF 1200; Bosch POF 1400 (same router base 1609203V53)
- jig can be drilled at home to fit other router bases - you grab piece of rice copy paper, copy the holes of your tool, center the jig and drill it. Voala.
- will be anodized as an extra (cost for machining it appeared lower than I initially posted and anodizing will make it more resistant and stronger)
- will have a scale in mm and a step of 1mm in diameter (so 0.5mm in radius)
- has extra clearance of 0.25mm: when you select to do a 182mm diameter, it will actually be 182.5mm. I have found exact fit needs grinding afterwards as speakers would fit too tightly and even a 1mm clearance is not visible.
- base bit diameter should be 16mm. If you go for a smaller one you can do smaller radiuses.

TOTAL PRICE: EUR47.68 (per jig)
EU POSTAGE: EUR11 for non-priority, tracked, uninsured
EUR18 priority, tracked, insured
SHIPPING WEIGHT: The metal sheet needed weights 5.89kg and will produce 6 of these. I believe it will be slightly less than 1kg with added packaging and protection.

PAYMENT: Bank account (you can use transferwise, really cheap there) or PayPal*

*Paypal - add a surcharge of 6% due to their fee of around 4% and the humiliating exchange rate. I would really look into it as a last option.

ORDERING PROCESS:

1.You send me a PM requesting a piece. I send you my payment details. You complete the payment adding your name in the subject field + diyaudio. In the PM please add your preferred postage address.
2. Once 6 pieces are being ordered, group buy is closed.
3. I will post updates on the progress

As there are three interested fellows from Denmark, I can combine postage and one of you can then dispatch the remaining two jigs to the others, in this way postage would be around EUR28.35 insured priority or EUR24.70 for non insured.

Last edited by Mario Pankov; 2nd April 2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 2nd April 2018, 08:08 AM   #28
Trollet is offline Trollet  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I use an angled stainless steel plate with a 4mm guide pin welded to it.
The angled part has holes that fit the original guides and it makes it easy to adjust down to 0.2mm.
Works great. If anyone's interested I can upload a photo.

Figge.
Old 2nd April 2018, 08:41 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollet View Post
If anyone's interested I can upload a photo.

Figge.
Yes, please, upload it
Old 2nd April 2018, 08:52 AM   #30
heinz1964 is offline heinz1964  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default POF 1400 ACE base

Hi Mario

The base of my Bosch POF 1400 ACE does not look like the base of the 1200

here is a picture of mine.

best regards

uwe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bosch POF 1400 ACE base.jpg (766.7 KB, 182 views)

EU: Router circle jig 56mm-420mm in 1mm stepHide this!Advertise here!