• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

I hope it becomes Monotoxically ...

Hi Deps.

I will start a new GB for the preamplifier soon (probably by early July). All details will be posted there. I will post an update here as the thread goes online. :)

Thanks

Hi Shaan,

wonderful work, what a happy summer.
But on the boards there is something written wrong:
You should read »monotonically« instead of »monotocically«,
or if the board is damn good use »monotoxically«. :)

(Actively generated monotonically decaying harmonic spectrum control)

Good luck and thanks
Joe

I work a lot with affinity software and even they have a t-shirt in the range.

2Q==

Hi Shaan, finally after double checking it was the pair of N channel mosfets that have gone defective by suppling voltage only to one of the rails, Peak Atlas dca55 obviously was unable to find the fault which I discovered using the DMM.

I have ordered a new matched pair of ECX10N20 to replace them.

Last edited:
Hi Giaspyr.

I see. One question, was PGND and SGND connected to psu ground when you connected/disconnected the rails?

I am updating the v4h to revision 2 with some more modifications suggested by members towards making the design more flexible and more tolerant of real world errors or accidents. If you (and otheres who may be reading this post) have something in mind feel free to drop a message to shaanpeeceebee@gmail.com

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Yes, all grounds were connected to psu, I did think of connecting both rails with crocodile clips at the same time but it was very stupid of me not to do the same when disconnecting them, I was too excited that everything seemed to work fine that I didn't think of the obvious.
After this happening I think it would be nice to have (if possible) some kind of fuse resistor or something simillar preventing faults by this kind of mishandling by the user.

Last edited: