• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

For comparison you can see my linear PS with old Hegel(norwegian amp brand) torroid. My cabinet is quite full, and it looks like we have the same from modushop. For my next AB build I will try SMPS. Still have a krell ksa50 to complete tho... :p

My V4H has been rocking for 1 year (after stability was fixed) and Im very happy with it!

Thank again shaan for sharing your design!

Attachments

• 20180921_165325.jpg
    20180921_165325.jpg
    982.1 KB · Views: 379
Looking sharp.
Anyway. My V4h rev1 is now playing wonderfully on both channels.
With +-45V connex smps (x2)

On my test speakers (I guess about 87dB sensitivity). Not a single hiss, thump anything when turning on/off or when idle.

Will test on my main speakers later (around 96dB sensitive).

I tested with scope one channel and it showed almost perfect squarewave up to at least 18khz.

The amp seems very "fast"?

Last edited:
Looking sharp.
Anyway. My V4h rev1 is now playing wonderfully on both channels.
With +-45V connex smps (x2)

On my test speakers (I guess about 87dB sensitivity). Not a single hiss, thump anything when turning on/off or when idle.

Will test on my main speakers later (around 96dB sensitive).

I tested with scope one channel and it showed almost perfect squarewave up to at least 18khz.

The amp seems very "fast"?

It is indeed a somewhat "fast" amp. It is usually very silent in 87dB-ish speakers, however there will probably be some noise in the 96dB speaker.

I see no speaker protection; IMHO it is better to use one even with the friendliest of amps. Better safe...

Bests

It is indeed a somewhat "fast" amp. It is usually very silent in 87dB-ish speakers, however there will probably be some noise in the 96dB speaker.

I see no speaker protection; IMHO it is better to use one even with the friendliest of amps. Better safe...

Bests

Yes I know about the speaker protection issue. BTW. Have 4 boards of your PSU also and some trannies so I might built linear PSU to see if it has any benefits :)

BTW: Mosfet bias is dialed in at 215ma as according to the manual (using 1ohm resistors in series with the psu. )

After 3 hours of playing the amp dont get hot at all. Not even hand warm. (3 u modushop chassis).

Would it be any benefit to juice up the bias some more or should I just chill and relax?
If I should recheck bias, do I have to mount the resistors once more or is it an easier, better way?

Yes I know about the speaker protection issue. BTW. Have 4 boards of your PSU also and some trannies so I might built linear PSU to see if it has any benefits :)

Okay. :)

BTW: Mosfet bias is dialed in at 215ma as according to the manual (using 1ohm resistors in series with the psu. )

After 3 hours of playing the amp dont get hot at all. Not even hand warm. (3 u modushop chassis).

If the heatsinks are cool although bias reads 215mA or more then all is well. The sinks are doing their job well, and their temperature is a function of 1.ambient temperature, 2.radiating surface area and 3.airflow between the fins. If 1 is low, 2 is high and 3 is not facing problem, then the sinks will dissipate the heat quickly and won't get warm.

Would it be any benefit to juice up the bias some more or should I just chill and relax?

If it feels like there's nothing wrong with the sound, like no thinness or fatigue after a hour of listening or no feeling of less definition in high frequency, then sit back and enjoy. :)

If I should recheck bias, do I have to mount the resistors once more or is it an easier, better way?

Yes you will have to mount them back. It is not the easier way, but better.

:cheers:

Just a quick and small measurements.
1khz, 10khz and 20khz squarewaves into a 6.8ohm load.

Only a 12bit picoscope used.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 21.56.23.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 21.56.23.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 457
  • Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 21.56.31.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 21.56.31.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 446
  • Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 21.56.41.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 21.56.41.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 441
Hi Shann, does it a feedback cap help with easy tunning the 0V DC output at SPK ?

Yes it does.

The capacitors block DC, so there is only unity gain at DC. Meaning any DC imbalance at the input's upper and lower halves will not be amplified by the amplifier's nominal gain set by the 4k7+100r network. This significantly brings down sensitivity of the output offset voltage towards variations in input offset voltage. This is also why compared to the previous peeceebee versions, v4 and v4h don't require thermal coupling of the input pair to keep output offset under control.

:)

Last edited: