• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

V4H

Shaan
This is my best shot at this time....
The preamp is SALAS DCG3...perfect companion

Attachments

• 20190714_100801.jpg
    20190714_100801.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 393
  • 20190714_100902.jpg
    20190714_100902.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 379
News

Hello guys.

A preamp/headphone amp is undergoing development. Here is the thing on perfboard and some preliminary test results. Bias 20mA. Power supply is unrregulated half-wave rectified +/-17V.

Let me know your thoughts.

More coming soon. :)

Attachments

• SOURCE.png
    SOURCE.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 379
  • PREOUT2VPP680R.png
    PREOUT2VPP680R.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 361
  • PREOUT2VPP100R.png
    PREOUT2VPP100R.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC01769.JPG
    DSC01769.JPG
    521 KB · Views: 215
Wskaźnik Nissei [P-134NO] - Sklep modushop.pl

I bought these.
Very nice and huge but do not have their own lighting.
I put COB LED Panel Lamp with a resistor

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if it is possible to open them? I would like to remove the black inlay and use a white background (with black lettering).
I prefer my audio gear in silver color :)

Hello guys.

A preamp/headphone amp is undergoing development. Here is the thing on perfboard and some preliminary test results. Bias 20mA. Power supply is unrregulated half-wave rectified +/-17V.

Let me know your thoughts.

More coming soon. :)

Your measurements seem a bit odd: the source measurement has a bit worse (very tiny bit, but still) noise floor than the DUT. Also, the DUT has slightly less distortion than the source.

I have no need myself for an headphone amplifier or analog preamp but I'm curious to see what you are up to :)

Your measurements seem a bit odd: the source measurement has a bit worse (very tiny bit, but still) noise floor than the DUT. Also, the DUT has slightly less distortion than the source.

That's because source snap has a 137dB range while pre-out snap has 140dB. My mistake.

Noise floor is at same distance from 0dB in both cases, but the smaller range setting makes source out to have a higher noise.

Lower apparent harmonic level in pre out can be due to phase difference between the same harmonics from source and pre-out Scheduled for check how much off phase the individual pre harmonics are relative to source harmonics.

I have no need myself for an headphone amplifier or analog preamp but I'm curious to see what you are up to :)

Thanks. I'm trying to add some fun and flexibility to the pre. As with the amps, it will have trimmer(s) for setting certain aspects of its behavior. :)