• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

Just finished the PC boards stuffing.
Yes, you right the Acetone made my boards messy. I have to buy some alcohol to clean them nicely.
Do you think 99% rubbing type of alcohol will work? Homebrew type of PC board and factory type like TV had no issue to clean it with acetone. :rolleyes:

I choose EXICON power mosfets instead of Hitachi.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 423
0R1 resistors

Here in EU ,I use Kontact WL to clean everything and cotton sticks for smoking pipes that are very cheap.
My answer these 0R1 5W resistors that are touching the capacitors have to be non inductive ? Have ordered one 605-RWHSE09TQ000R1FS at Mouser to look at,it's very reduced and fit the board . 0,06 uh at 100kz

Here in EU ,I use Kontact WL to clean everything and cotton sticks for smoking pipes that are very cheap.
My answer these 0R1 5W resistors that are touching the capacitors have to be non inductive ? Have ordered one 605-RWHSE09TQ000R1FS at Mouser to look at,it's very reduced and fit the board . 0,06 uh at 100kz

These resistors don't have to be non-inductive thanks to the two zobel networks. If you look closely the zobels are not taken right from output, but from the joint of the two resistors in each side. This was done so that inductive resistors can be used without any problem.

Hi Shaan, is the schematic correct? I am asking because i noticed thar the 2sk 2sj are driven through a resistor, one side with 220 ohms and the other side with 330 ohms. Is that correct? Will the two resistors of 10 ohm supplying the low signal side get hot enough for just 600mW? Granted there shouldnt be much current needed.

Hi Shaan, is the schematic correct? I am asking because i noticed thar the 2sk 2sj are driven through a resistor, one side with 220 ohms and the other side with 330 ohms. Is that correct?

Yes those values are correct. :)

Will the two resistors of 10 ohm supplying the low signal side get hot enough for just 600mW? Granted there shouldnt be much current needed.

Even with 250mW resistors we need about 150mA current to burn them. Now, current through input+VAS is around 15mA. So it's fine.

(sorry for late reply :eek:)

Resistors ratings

Hi !

I'm into checking my BOM (the one that's been posted page 19 post #187)

I notice that most resistors are 400mW on that BOM, when according to what you (Shaan) say 250mW are more than enough.

Beside this, it looks like 400mW will be quite difficult to fit on the pcb in several places.

Could you please confirm which should actually be more than 1/4 watt ?

There is a full list of the required components on page 2 of you setup documentation, but I feel that more details on their necessary ratings would be helpful !

Thanks a lot

JMK

Hi !

I'm into checking my BOM (the one that's been posted page 19 post #187)

I notice that most resistors are 400mW on that BOM, when according to what you (Shaan) say 250mW are more than enough.

Beside this, it looks like 400mW will be quite difficult to fit on the pcb in several places.

Could you please confirm which should actually be more than 1/4 watt ?

There is a full list of the required components on page 2 of you setup documentation, but I feel that more details on their necessary ratings would be helpful !

Thanks a lot

JMK

Hi JMK.

These should be 1/4W resistors i.e. 250mW and not 400mW, as mentioned in BOM I posted in Post 74 which is also linked in Post 1.