• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

Just kindly reminding . if u wrap the cap. U must ensure its top side is not a metal case exposed. Otherwise u need to stick the teflon sticker before wrapping. I didnt ground the copper film. I just think it is a shelter purpose to outside and inside emitted radio energy. All tricks if not expensive and less effort, I like to try and the naked ear to final test.

My another DIY friend told me the power toroidal and large cap wrapped by copper foil can make background noise more silent. I think so and try on my preamp. The result is better than not wrap version , especially the high band would change more silk and smooth .
Sorry shunt regulated supply i dont have a circuit. I just order the kit .

Hi CK,
where did you get the shunt regulated power supply PCB from?

Regards
Harry

Just kindly reminding . if u wrap the cap. U must ensure its top side is not a metal case exposed. Otherwise u need to stick the teflon sticker before wrapping. I didnt ground the copper film. I just think it is a shelter purpose to outside and inside emitted radio energy. All tricks if not expensive and less effort, I like to try and the naked ear to final test.

;) My first thought was this ...

TinFoilHat.jpg

Attachments

• TinFoilHat.jpg
    TinFoilHat.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 137
things are moving slow...I could not find any quality radial resistors for R35-R38 , so I used some dale NS -5 0.249ohms (I hope they are ok) Axial 5w resistors which I already had.
Now , a humbled suggestion , Shaan , if u have the chance, please add a pad connected to each source of the mosfets so for people in similar situations as me could use their axial resistors horizontally mounted on the board.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9432 (1).jpg
    IMG_9432 (1).jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 268
things are moving slow...I could not find any quality radial resistors for R35-R38 , so I used some dale NS -5 0.249ohms (I hope they are ok) Axial 5w resistors which I already had.
Now , a humbled suggestion , Shaan , if u have the chance, please add a pad connected to each source of the mosfets so for people in similar situations as me could use their axial resistors horizontally mounted on the board.
Thanks

Hi Gabe.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to implement it in the design.

Board looking superb! Pana FR are great capacitors.

:up::)

Hi Shaan,
can I suggest for new PCB's, more space around C3 and C4?
Larger sized 0.1uF caps are easier to find.

For 5watt resistors I am going to try these metal film from Digikey. Cheaper than Caddock.

https://www.digikey.com.au/products/en?keywords=MPR5JBR100

Thanks for the suggestion.

Good morning to you all.. I have 2 transformers 2X35V 250W and i am going to use 60mF per channel. Is it ok and if its ok, what is the total MOSFET bias for the optimun result?

Thank you in advance

If both transformers are 2x35v then yes you can use one for each channel with its own PSU.

Optimum bias is between 100 and 200mA per mosfet (varies slightly from device to device). I recommend 100mA because above that there is no gain other than more heat.

Hi Shaan
PC boards arrived today, thank you very much!:)
Excellent quality boards.

I will have to order some electrolytic caps the one I ordered 2200uF 16V ROE (gold bullets) just way too big by size.

Did someone measured the input transistor voltage? I do have B grade transistors but those are eBay stuff, I do not trust them. I have some original ON semi BC550C & BC560C but those are for 40V max I think.

Greetings

speaker protection

Waiting for Shaan boards ,i was looking for some speaker protection board as the PSU GB is not useful for me .I discover in the Chinese paradise these mono boards : The handy tube replaces the relay's horn protection plate, the finished product.
If somebody want to have a look ...2 of the 4 power mosfets IRFS3107-7P cost more in Mouser than the two boards.Everything in Chinese .A bit more information here---http://bbs.hifidiy.net/thread-1372046-1-1.html .Looks experimental !!!!

Guys (please) I really would love to get some help so I can put this project together, please:rolleyes:
Very likely Shaan is sick, I know other peoples finished these project, what hard to understand the unwillingness to help :confused::eek:a fellow DIY-er. Honestly, if I can (able) to help someone I usually jump in to do so.:)
I having a problem to find the jumpers since there is no part number and I never used something like that before I do not wish to order some useless items. The shipping cost to me just too much to order unwanted parts.
Please, guys, I need some help!?:confused::confused:
Maybe I'm impatient, maybe -(I suffer from PTSD and herniated low back problem, my spine pushes the nerve) These not for an excuse. Also, I ordered 1/2W resistor PRP type I suffered a lot to populate the boards, just found out I supposed to use 1/4W type.

Thank you.

Greetings gabor