• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

Thanks Shaan your kindly reply.
Your info is invaluable.
Somehow i find few circuit design will use individual frontend psu . However i am not sure how the best to the sound and what listening feel would be changed. So i want to do a trial and compare. Anyway diy is like my this behavior. 😀

Hi Patrick.

For V4H +/-56V PSU with at least 10,000uF per rail is good for one channel.

Hi Shaan,
working backwards this would mean a toroidal transformer with secondary windings at 40VAC-0-40VAC. (giving a rail voltage of approx 55.6VDC)

I just want to confirm that I can use the 63VDC rail capacitors ie 10000uF in the PSU, or do I need to go to a higher capacitor voltage rating.
kind regards
stevet

silicon diodes for full wave rectification say 0.6V x 2, so the voltage drops by 1.2V.
so now 55.4VDC-ish.
Thanks Pieter, I should have thought more about it.
Don't forget B of the transformer. Mine have a given and measured B of 1.08 so I have to start calculating from 40V * 1.08 = 43.20 V.
Results f.e.g. in 43.2V * 1.414 = 61.08V - 1.2 V = 59.88 V (without load).

(Also my diodes differ from fact-sheet: given 0.72 V so I should have 1.435 V. But measured 1.54 V.)

Simulated load of the whole PSU with power-resistors results in a voltage drop of 5.7V.

So I would get 59.88 V - 5.7 V = 54.18 V if the mains-voltage of 230 V would not vary from 207 V to 253 V (± 10%).

So theoretical I can get the min. value or the max. value:
min.: 48.76 V (-10%) / max.: 59.6 V (+10%).

Attachments

• peeceebee.jpg
    peeceebee.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 445